Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 TK Saddlebag Stop/Turn (Photos)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 05:37 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 528 Posts

The LEDs look awesome I think for the 2014 tour-paks.

It kinda sucks that the 2013 model years and older models cost more for the lights, speaker pods, etc.

More lights on the 6:00 is always a plus!!! Your Bike looks great with them bight azz lights.

YB

Old 02-11-2014, 06:19 AM
JT_HD
Advanced
Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ks6c
The parts description says "Kit includes left and right lamps, modulator, and quick-disconnect wiring harness." Modulator? Does it flash before full-on, or is it simply run-turn-brake?

Your pics have convinced me to order these. Thanks!
No flash, Steady Run, Steady Brake, and timed flash with blinker matching tourpack and front signals. I assume the "module" is for CANBUS compliance, without it I would venture to guess a DTC might get set for the BCM due to changes in load.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:25 AM
JT_HD
Advanced
Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall
You'd have the same issue I have with my plasma rods installed in that position. The visibility from the back is great but from the side, not so great. I'm thinking of adding the new bag lights to my setup for increased side visibility of the turn signals.
I was seriously considering doing the CD Red/Yellow Plasma rods initially. I love the way they look, and they are a less expensive option. However, like you said, the side view is obscured by the saddle bags and my main intention for added lighting was for visability. Down here in Florida, the blue hairs are everywhere and as a daily rider I've have too many close calls to count! NEED MOAR LIGHTS!!!121!@!!

Old 02-11-2014, 08:00 AM
ks6c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JT_HD
No flash, Steady Run, Steady Brake, and timed flash with blinker matching tourpack and front signals. I assume the "module" is for CANBUS compliance, without it I would venture to guess a DTC might get set for the BCM due to changes in load.
That's what I assumed, JT - but I don't think the ad copy-writer knew the difference between "module" and "modulator" <lol>

Old 02-13-2014, 09:58 PM
ScottCocoaBeach
Advanced

I was seriously considering doing the CD Red/Yellow Plasma rods initially. I love the way they look, and they are a less expensive option. However, like you said, the side view is obscured by the saddle bags and my main intention for added lighting was for visability. Down here in Florida, the blue hairs are everywhere and as a daily rider I've have too many close calls to count! NEED MOAR LIGHTS!!!121!@!!
I'm in Florida as well. Make sure you get a Bright *** Taillight to add more light. I'm going to add these when I get the quick release kit for the tour pack, since it all comes together.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:02 AM
sel53
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Does it appear to modulate brightness (like between brake on and brake off) by an extremely fast flashing? I mean really fast, like 50 times a second, like the caddy tail lights.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:23 AM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Went out last night and got the new Saddlebag Stop/Turn/Run lamps. Installed this morning, about 30 minutes. They are bright, and viewable from a wide angle.

Photos for those with Daytona Blue looking to see how they appear.

Just installed them on my bike. My only hesitation is will the tape that holds them on really hold well. When I remove the bags I tend to carry the bag with one hand on the light itself and maybe I should stop doing that. Any idea on how strong that tape is?

Old 02-14-2014, 10:45 AM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Sorry not a fan. Them holes along the fender really need to changed too. That's where the lights need to be, not stuck on the bags imho.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:01 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
Sorry not a fan. Them holes along the fender really need to changed too. That's where the lights need to be, not stuck on the bags imho.
As much as I agree with you, they won't ever make them for there. I didn't like the look of these lights at first, but after looking at anything that will go in the fender area, I've come to find it is impossible to put lights there and still be road legal. That's why Moco went with the bag lights.

I'm looking at getting the smoked lights. We'll see.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:46 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by UppercaseJC
Just installed them on my bike. My only hesitation is will the tape that holds them on really hold well. When I remove the bags I tend to carry the bag with one hand on the light itself and maybe I should stop doing that. Any idea on how strong that tape is?
I would stop carrying your bags with one hand like that unless you want to drop them. I already replaced the lower portion of one of my bags after dropping it off the mounting rail. 8" to the ground and it did a job on the corner of the bag. I ALWAYS have my thick Craftsman floor mat below them when I take them off now. $270 lesson learned quickly.

That 3M tape is strong as hell but it's met to hold the lights on the bags, not the bags on the lights.

Quick Reply: 2014 TK Saddlebag Stop/Turn (Photos)