Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daymaker™ LED Headlights and LED Fog Lamps

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 03:30 PM
bill_1202
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
Yea, I do watch prices when modding my bike because the dealer and a few other places are cram packed full of ripoffs especially if it is "motorcycle specific". By worrying about parts being overpriced, I have saved THOUSANDS while gaining comparable, if not better performance. Stereo, engine, body, etc. has all been upgraded on my bike and at a cost way less than what others pay. Just a thought.

Oh, and I didn't know daymakers came standard on the 2014s. So far from what I am seeing and hearing about these, the daymaker and easy latch bags are the only things good about those 2014s.
Actually, the Daymaker "projection" LED lights are getting some bad reviews here on this site. They have a narrow/focused beam and some are saying that they do not light up the sides of the road very well even with their LED passing lamps on. So people are saying that they do not like them riding in the twisties in rural dark areas. I ordered a set of LED bulbs from Fuel Moto that replace my halogens in my stock dual filament 2014 SG headlight for $130. I'll report back when I get them in and get my headlight aligned. Many of the Rushmore Limited riders are looking into replacing their Daymakers with my headlight assembly and going with the LED bulbs...

Last edited by bill_1202; 09-16-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:54 PM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,693 Likes on 827 Posts

I just installed a set of Daymakers and rode in the dark for the first time last night. Man, what a difference. I had a very wide angle of light compaired to my old lights. More so when I hit the passing lamps. I do agree with everyone that the daytime I don't think the intensity is there directly. It seems to be a wider pattern. I have Custom Dynamic lens in my turn signals and they are very bright and add visibility. They flash amber for turning. I am most pleased with these. Oh, by the way, I watch the forums all the time and was first to PM a member on the headlight, he sold me all 3 new takeoffs (he went blackout) for $550 shipped. Like buying the headlamp and getting $400 passing lamps free. Thanks again CMack

Old 09-18-2015, 05:49 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLazyC
I was wondering what others think about the Daymaker™ LED Headlights and LED Fog Lamps? I have put right at 1000 miles on my 2014 Limited and everybody that is riding in my group in front of me say I don't have my lights on. HD is making a big deal about riding at night with the Daymaker™ LED Headlights and LED Fog Lamps but do not mention day time riding.

I ride day and night and I am more concerned with the crazy people seeing me in the day light with my lights. Are the folks in my riding groups blind? When I get off and look at the lights, I see them but have not seen nor met any other 2014 bikes to see how they look when you are approaching.
If you want to make the switch, you will spend a pretty penny but will be seen. Mine is a 7" daymaker with Kuryakyn LED running lights. Good day and night.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:36 PM
lloydsteve
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLazyC
I was wondering what others think about the Daymaker™ LED Headlights and LED Fog Lamps? I have put right at 1000 miles on my 2014 Limited and everybody that is riding in my group in front of me say I don't have my lights on. HD is making a big deal about riding at night with the Daymaker™ LED Headlights and LED Fog Lamps but do not mention day time riding.

I ride day and night and I am more concerned with the crazy people seeing me in the day light with my lights. Are the folks in my riding groups blind? When I get off and look at the lights, I see them but have not seen nor met any other 2014 bikes to see how they look when you are approaching.
Here some pictures taken at the same time with different angles.

From an upper angle looking down at the bike.

From a low angle looking at the bike

Kinda in the middle range.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:56 AM
jbbus
Stage III

I have had the same comments on mine being not on durning the day, unless on bright. I installed a set of the HD Daymaker LED Fog lamps, and aimed them up a little. You can see them very well in the daytime.......other than, one just stopped working. It has power to the light, the other side works. I cannot see how to open the light, or to replace the LED bulb?
Anyone know, or have had this problem?

Old 04-24-2016, 09:36 AM
rgk
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default LED Headlights

I'm new to Harley and I have an FLRT and an FLRH. I asked for a DayMaker as part of the Freewheeler when it was delivered. The Road King was delivered with the stock headlight. I bought a Custom Dynamics TruBeam LED headlight for the RK. Yesterday I compared the DayMaker to the TruBeam side by side in the garage. IMO, the difference is stunning...the TruBeam appears much brighter...so I drove over to HD and bought another TruBeam.

Both bikes have been converted to all LED by Custom Dynamics (except the RK passing lights have generic LED bulbs). I also have the Custom Dynamics brake light modulator on the RK. So equipped, the RK is, IMO, the brightest motorcycle that I have ever owned. (Custom Dynamics has yet to offer a brake modulator for the Freewheeler.)

Old 04-24-2016, 10:50 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

I love my daymakers. During the day I run with the high beams on. And some people flash me. So I know they see them. At night low beam unless I'm on back roads. I stay aware of oncoming traffic at night due to how blinding these are.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:51 AM
noahp
Stage II

Looks really great! I've recently installed some LEDs I got from Ledoutfitters website here on my truck, and I want to convert all the lights on my bike to LEDs soon too. They are an awesome update for every drive, I guess

Last edited by noahp; 04-26-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:09 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 528 Posts

The original Daymakers of years past, are WAY BETTER then the newer version!

I know, I know, not much help.

YB

Old 04-26-2016, 07:14 AM
s76helipilot
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I went with the JW speaker Evolution 2 for the headlamp and HD LED aux lights. I also noticed that they are not nearly as noticeable during the day unless looking at them straight on.

I added Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz blinkers and also Motolights. I spent a fair amount of time aiming the headlamp and also the aux lights. I ended up raising the headlamp slightly and raised and also turned out the aux lamps which I think helped considerably especially during a turn at night. I only run the motos at night since I am in deer country.

After all this I get a lot of compliments from riders in front of me how bright the bike is. The one thing they notice first is the custom dynamics blinkers. Kind of ironic since they were the cheapest of all the lighting "upgrades" I did.

Rear end has a Bad *** light tail light and also red custom dynamics blinkers.

Overall very happy now and dont worry as much about being invisible.

Quick Reply: Daymaker™ LED Headlights and LED Fog Lamps