Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE255 cam VS Woods 777

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 01:03 PM
2013_FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 1,043 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
that's a very happy dyno if no other work was done or one helluva tuner.
Attached is the 110 dyno comparing 255 to 222. 222 Dyno numbers are from Fuel Motos website

Both have roughly the same configuration.

255 cam has V&H x pipe same mufflers

Last edited by 2013_FLHTK; 01-24-2020 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:37 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013_FLHTK
Attached is the 110 dyno comparing 255 to 222. 222 Dyno numbers are from Fuel Motos website

Both have roughly the same configuration.

255 cam has V&H x pipe same mufflers
oh sorry after reading my response it sounds like I was "dissing" your tune. Not what I meant at all.

Looks great and looks like you found a good tuner to do it right for you...

Old 04-24-2014, 02:09 PM
2013_FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 1,043 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
oh sorry after reading my response it sounds like I was "dissing" your tune. Not what I meant at all.

Looks great and looks like you found a good tuner to do it right for you...

Did not take it that way at all.
This forum is all about questions, answers and opinions.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:03 PM
ATC2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CHL what's the rest of your setup? I'm going with the 777 also, now trying to decide on tuner and exhaust. For exhaust I'm really leaning towards Reinhart 2 into1, not decided on tuner yet. I've had good results in the past with good old Power Commander but I'm curious if any of the newer ones would be a better choice. Great numbers, thanks for posting it reaffirms my choice.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:25 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013_FLHTK
Did not take it that way at all.
This forum is all about questions, answers and opinions.
I'm not dissing your dyno results either but your sheet is in STD which shows 3 to 5 more on the numbers than a SAE sheet. Some of the tuners will give you these to elevate your numbers somewhat. Again you have a great running bike and no doubt it pulls like a freight train because my friend has a CVO and it does but I'm just stating the facts.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:32 AM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ATC2
CHL what's the rest of your setup? I'm going with the 777 also, now trying to decide on tuner and exhaust. For exhaust I'm really leaning towards Reinhart 2 into1, not decided on tuner yet. I've had good results in the past with good old Power Commander but I'm curious if any of the newer ones would be a better choice. Great numbers, thanks for posting it reaffirms my choice.
My personal set up is:
Stock 103 motor (no head work, stock pistons, stock compression, etc)
777 Cams
D&D Fatcat 2-1
SE Heavy Breather (I really bought it for looks, not sure if it adds much or not, maybe some)
PowerVision with a map from Fuel Moto

This PowerVision is the only tuner I have ever had - last Harley was carb.... so I don't know how it compares to the power commander - but for me, it is very easy to load maps into off the computer, very easy to flash the bike, and relatively easy to auto-tune - there are a couple tricky steps in the auto-tune, but after running 1 or 2 it's not bad...... I am also debating maybe mounting my PV permanently for temp read outs and things like that - maybe......

Old 05-11-2014, 11:55 AM
motolocopat
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't have thought to do a 777 cam in a stock 103 and your results are I guess expected, little flat on the bottom and wakes up with a vengeance on the top... even if you didn't actually loose anything on the bottom.
It would be interesting to see what a .030 head gasket would do here.. would it help out just enough to flatten it out a bit. If so then this would make a real interesting relatively inexpensive starting point that could be fololowed up with bore/heads later

??

Old 05-11-2014, 09:36 PM
ATC2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C.H.L.
My personal set up is:
Stock 103 motor (no head work, stock pistons, stock compression, etc)
777 Cams
D&D Fatcat 2-1
SE Heavy Breather (I really bought it for looks, not sure if it adds much or not, maybe some)
PowerVision with a map from Fuel Moto

This PowerVision is the only tuner I have ever had - last Harley was carb.... so I don't know how it compares to the power commander - but for me, it is very easy to load maps into off the computer, very easy to flash the bike, and relatively easy to auto-tune - there are a couple tricky steps in the auto-tune, but after running 1 or 2 it's not bad...... I am also debating maybe mounting my PV permanently for temp read outs and things like that - maybe......
Cool..., you've answered one of my other questions. I like the Power Vision for its ease of use but I'm not mounting it on the bike, from what you say it can be pluged in to do adjustments and then put away this what I would prefer to do. Everyone tells me to go with D&D I just would prefer something less loud. I need to hear FM Jackpots in person to compare. Thanks for the reply.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:40 PM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Cool..., you've answered one of my other questions. I like the Power Vision for its ease of use but I'm not mounting it on the bike, from what you say it can be pluged in to do adjustments and then put away this what I would prefer to do. Everyone tells me to go with D&D I just would prefer something less loud. I need to hear FM Jackpots in person to compare. Thanks for the reply.
yeah, the PV does NOT have to stay on the bike. You flash it, then it has to be on the bike while you run autotunes (IF you even run them, I know some people that don't).... but those auto tune runs are typically about 3 times, and 20-30 minutes each..... then you never HAVE to plug it in again if you don't want..... AND, for $200, you can add additional licenses to flash a friends bike..... even go with in friends if you want......

The D&D is loud - no doubt about it... and the "quiet" baffle is loud too - just fyi

good luck with your decisions... let me know what you do!

Old 05-12-2014, 06:53 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

you can always get the quiet baffle from D&D.

Also to further Aaron's comments. I put these cams in for him and was quite surprised at how they meshed together with that stock 103. Yes the bottom end is lacking a little but that's to be expected with this cam, but man when that sucker hits it's sweet spot, you better be holding on!

As for the PV, a lot of people like the gauges on the handlebars to see what's going on but I would guess from my reading that the majority do just as you are wanting to do. Plug it in, get it dialed in, throw it back in the box, and put it on the shelf.

Quick Reply: SE255 cam VS Woods 777