Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best sounding exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 07:12 PM
NO PCKL
Road Warrior
Received 498 Likes on 276 Posts

Don't run duals, I've got a 2-1 with a SE Pro. Like the 2-1 because it runs under the passenger floorboard. I've had many comments on how good it sounds. Had one guy at a rest stop wearing a Harley shirt walk up and say "that thing sounds better than a Harley". I replied "how can it sound better than a Harley....it IS a Harley!" But as posted give a listen to other bikes as you have the opportunity and decide which you like best.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:28 PM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 410 Likes on 219 Posts

Sound is very subjective. As for me I don't buy into the need for a pipe on both sides for symmetry. Therefore I went with Vance & Hines big radius 2-2. While cruising they are not obnoxious, I like the sound. A good right hand twist on the 120 and boy they bark.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:09 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,953 Likes on 2,305 Posts

Everyone's ear is different. Gotta get around a lot of bikes and listen til you hear what you like, then find out what they're running.

For True Duals, my ears like the Samsons...unfortunately they are having production problems as a result of their move and it may be a bit of a wait to get them.

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 09-02-2014, 11:02 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Check out the new E-Series exhausts we just released, they have a multi stage baffle with elliptical discs which are fully tunable for sound and performance. They sound absolutely awesome at a very reasonable dB level. Here is a ride along video:

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following users liked this post:
Ibmatt2u (05-29-2019)
Old 09-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Hozzie
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might as well have asked who's baby is the cutest :-) In seriousness, there are literally thousands of posts here on this exact question. You are going to get every possible combination as an answer.

Go to bike night or the dealer on a weekend and listen and ask. I have FuelMoto and love them. Most people who will post here also love theirs.

The following users liked this post:
Old Iron Man (05-31-2019)
Old 09-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Warbird40
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Everyone's ear is different. Gotta get around a lot of bikes and listen til you hear what you like, then find out what they're running.

For True Duals, my ears like the Samsons...unfortunately they are having production problems as a result of their move and it may be a bit of a wait to get them.
+1 I bought my 2000 RK Stage 2 with Samson Big Oval Slip Ons and they sound just as loud as my friends V&H Ovals, but have a slightly deeper tone. A cheap, great sounding alternative can be found on Ebay, they are called Wild Pigs. They look like factory slip ons but sound way better and can be ordered with different baffle sizes for less than $200

Old 09-02-2014, 11:17 AM
coldmcrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another vote here to buck the conventional dual muffler look in favor of a two into one. D&D Fatcat was my choice. Great muscle car sound when on the throttle, wonderful burble on deceleration and at a steady throttle cruising it is not too loud.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Check out the new E-Series exhausts we just released, they have a multi stage baffle with elliptical discs which are fully tunable for sound and performance. They sound absolutely awesome at a very reasonable dB level. Here is a ride along video:

E-Series Harley FLH Slip On Mufflers Fuel Moto exhaust - YouTube

Those sound really good Jamie. How is the performance?

Old 09-02-2014, 11:36 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Pumba11
Those sound really good Jamie. How is the performance?
Performance is excellent, a couple weeks back we did a really cool test to experiment the flexibility & tunability of these mufflers. We tested the same E-Series mufflers on a stock 103" FLHTK and then on our FLHX bike which has our FM120R test motor, used the same set of mufflers on a 80Hp bike and 160+Hp bike, the only change being the amount of elliptical discs. We are going to release more info this week, working on another video as well as more info on the baffle system and internals.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:42 AM
bigdog81
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you really want true duels I would look into MGS. I you want a balanced Dyno Tuned solution that performs like a 2-1 get Fuel Moto 2-1-2 header with Jackpot DT 4" mufflers and competition baffles. Everyone that hears my bike asks what I have and where did I get them.

IMHO

Quick Reply: Best sounding exhaust?