Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Genuine HD vivid black, vented lowers

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 AM
DED HD
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually they do fit 2010 and up Road Glides...just fyi.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:37 PM
itimmers
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DED HD
I believe this statement to be untrue. There are 2 different designs for lowers...one for the batwing, one for the shark nose. You might be able to "modify" it to fit, but that wouldn't be the right way to do it... nor would you want to cut up hundreds of dollars worth of parts to make it fit.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

I believe itimmers is correct. I personally have never tried them on a RoadGlide (of any year), and have never owned one either. But I've heard many folks (and the local dealer's parts dept) say that there are different ones for the RG. So, I'd never even suggest that they would maybe, sorta, kinda fit.

As for the Fairing Factory units, I've never owned a set of those either, but I've heard many folks say they were unhappy with them. I've just never personally had any experiences with them. And that's the same mentality I use when I buy parts for my bike. I tend to not "just assume" when it comes to my finances, or my belongings. But... to each his own.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:55 PM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, according to my buddy with a Road Glide, the only way they will fit is by moving the crash bar down an inch or to grind away some of the glove boxes.

As for Fairing Factory, I have friends that have bought them and I honestly couldn't tell any difference from them and from another buddies Ultra. We shall see though.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DED HD
what is wrong with you DED HD? trying to post true facts to people who know better HAHAHAl if they were to look in the 2012 parts catalog and read they would find out your right, they would also find out msrp retail is $649 for any color you need brand new. with a 20% off dealer like zanotti just a lil over $500 brand new painted to match any color bike. but what do I know? but if someone is still doubtful on the fit on 2010 and up roadglides they can contact the dealer, hopefully the info on fitment will broaden the members who want a set. GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE

Last edited by leohd; 04-03-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 AM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leohd
what is wrong with you DED HD? trying to post true facts to people who know better HAHAHAl if they were to look in the 2012 parts catalog and read they would find out your right, they would also find out msrp retail is $649 for any color you need brand new. with a 20% off dealer like zanotti just a lil over $500 brand new painted to match any color bike. but what do I know? but if someone is still doubtful on the fit on 2010 and up roadglides they can contact the dealer, hopefully the info on fitment will broaden the members who want a set. GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE
Even with the 20% off... Wouldn't you still need to buy the glove boxes? They are somewhere around $300.00 for the set. I may be wrong. I just brought a set from a member here for $500 and then sold the glove boxes w/pouches that cover the doors for $125.00 then added CVO speaker pods and speaker. I couldn't be happier. Good Luck with your sale.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:14 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sweetglide08
Even with the 20% off... Wouldn't you still need to buy the glove boxes? They are somewhere around $300.00 for the set. I may be wrong. I just brought a set from a member here for $500 and then sold the glove boxes w/pouches that cover the doors for $125.00 then added CVO speaker pods and speaker. I couldn't be happier. Good Luck with your sale.
catalog states vented fairing lowers,,glove box and lid and all necessary mounting hardware
are included, think its a no brainer since the seller said he is firm on his price, tried making him a offer in a pm and he replied **** OFF..... but I am a nice guy so I still wish him good luck on the sale

Old 04-04-2012, 04:32 AM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

Leohd, please stop the negative posting in my for sale threads, and please stop sending me private messages.

I refuse to get into a public argument with you.

Last edited by Wanna Ride; 04-04-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
I believe itimmers is correct. I personally have never tried them on a RoadGlide (of any year), and have never owned one either. But I've heard many folks (and the local dealer's parts dept) say that there are different ones for the RG. So, I'd never even suggest that they would maybe, sorta, kinda fit.

As for the Fairing Factory units, I've never owned a set of those either, but I've heard many folks say they were unhappy with them. I've just never personally had any experiences with them. And that's the same mentality I use when I buy parts for my bike. I tend to not "just assume" when it comes to my finances, or my belongings. But... to each his own.
That would be a correct statement. They are two different animals completely. I have a Roadglide with lowers and they are not the same. That question is answered so I'm gonna go on to another problem.

IF YOU ARE NOT THE SELLER OR SOMEONE WANTING TO BUY THE PRODUCT THE SELLER HAS LISTED HERE THEN YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS IN THIS THREAD OR ANY OTHER PERSONS THREAD JUST TO "DISS" THAT PERSON'S PRODUCTS OR PRICES. DON'T PUSH IT HERE. REMEMBER, AS ADMIN I HAVE ACCESS TO BACK DOORS AND CAN READ THE MESSAGES THAT WERE SENT FROM ONE MEMBER TO ANOTHER. I KNOW THE REAL TRUTH. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COME INTO SOMEONE'S SALE THREAD AND START ****. I WILL START HANDING OUT INFRACTIONS AND BAN A MEMBER OR TWO UNTIL I GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF. IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN THIS MESS THEN CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED. I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT IN A PM SO DON'T BOTHER!

Terry
HDF Admin

Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

Terry - thank you for your support.

To all others genuinely interested - the HD lowers are still for sale. I leave for vacation tomorrow evening and will have limited internet access while I'm away. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a pm, butit may be a few days before I can respond. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Genuine HD vivid black, vented lowers