Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Anyone Tried This? Sirius/XM App

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 05:38 AM
Lilman
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Anyone Tried This? Sirius/XM App

I have Sirius / XM in all my regular vehicles and regardless of others, have enjoyed it for several years.

Talking to a coworker about adding the XM module to my TG and he mentioned something I have never thought of, the Sirius / XM phone app.

Most of the cars we rent for work now have Bluetooth audio just like the TG. My coworker sets up the Bluetooth, starts the SXM app on his iPhone then turns the car audio to BT audio and he has SXM.

My question, has anyone tried this on the new Infotainment system with BT audio? I can play music from my phone via BT.

This would be a much cheaper option than adding the XM module and another subscription. It would cost me about $30 a year vs. $100+, not to mention the module cost.

I have an unlimited data plan so phone cost would not change. Currently don't have this option on my SXM account and wanted to see if anyone else had tried it before actually pulling the trigger.

Anyone?

TIA!

Lilman

Old 11-26-2014, 07:29 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Sounds like a cool idea. How about weak cell coverage areas?

Old 11-26-2014, 07:46 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Lilman
I have Sirius / XM in all my regular vehicles and regardless of others, have enjoyed it for several years.

Talking to a coworker about adding the XM module to my TG and he mentioned something I have never thought of, the Sirius / XM phone app.

Most of the cars we rent for work now have Bluetooth audio just like the TG. My coworker sets up the Bluetooth, starts the SXM app on his iPhone then turns the car audio to BT audio and he has SXM.

My question, has anyone tried this on the new Infotainment system with BT audio? I can play music from my phone via BT.

This would be a much cheaper option than adding the XM module and another subscription. It would cost me about $30 a year vs. $100+, not to mention the module cost.

I have an unlimited data plan so phone cost would not change. Currently don't have this option on my SXM account and wanted to see if anyone else had tried it before actually pulling the trigger.

Anyone?

TIA!

Lilman
Lilman. Yes sir this has been done with great success on the infotainment systems. The only problem is as Wiz pointed out and weak coverage from your cell provider but in reality if that happens it's usually only for a couple of minutes til it picks up another tower.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:52 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Lilman. Yes sir this has been done with great success on the infotainment systems. The only problem is as Wiz pointed out and weak coverage from your cell provider but in reality if that happens it's usually only for a couple of minutes til it picks up another tower.
Thank you sir for chiming in...

Don't forget to hand that new Grandbaby a Turkey Leg tomorrow.

Yes ladies and germs. Nutz is a proud new GrandDad.

The following users liked this post:
Oogie Wa Wa (05-17-2020)
Old 11-26-2014, 07:55 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Old 11-26-2014, 08:12 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

I installed then dumped it after warnings from my service provider about the data charges the app would rack up.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:14 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Anyone?

TIA!

Lilman
Originally Posted by HKMark23
I installed then dumped it after warnings from my service provider about the data charges the app would rack up.
pay attention class.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Lilman
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks folks, I'll give it a try when time permits and see how everything works out.

Congratulations Nutz! Between the wife and I we have 8 grandkids ranging in age from 3 to 13 and my daughter is expecting her second child in late January. Out of the 9 total, there is only 1 girl! They are good help, I have 3 of them in the yard working now!

Old 11-26-2014, 02:46 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Thanks folks, I'll give it a try when time permits and see how everything works out.

Congratulations Nutz! They are good help, I have 3 of them in the yard working now!
a man after my own heart! LOL

Old 11-27-2014, 05:17 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
If you have a data limit I can see this, there are those who have all you can eat data plans which this wouldn't apply too. I have unlimited data, I can stream until the cows come home with no extra cost. I have a Co-worker who uses 30gb or more of data per month on his unlimited Verizon plan.

Quick Reply: Anyone Tried This? Sirius/XM App