Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What are the "must do" items for new trike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 01:32 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by questor
dang, two lifts. Therefore the question: how does newbie to Trike's decide on which lift?
What is the difference between a Tri-Glide Lift Kit & a Tri-Glide Comfort Lift Kit?

The Tri-Glide Lift Kit & The Comfort Lift Kit replaces the stock shock mounts of your Tri-Glide. They both give an increase of 1.25" at the shocks and 1.6" at the rear of the bike.

The difference between the two is that The Comfort Lift Kit also slightly changes the angle of the shocks rearward on the swingarm. The suspension now absorbs more of the smaller and larger road imperfections, resulting in less of the bumps being passed on to the rider and passenger.

Net result is a Smoother, Plusher ride.

The Comfort Lift is better unless...the rider/passenger/luggage combined weight is 540 lbs or greater. If this is your situation, it is better to run the Standard Tri-Glide Lift Kit.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-26-2015, 05:22 PM
questor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DK Custom
What is the difference between a Tri-Glide Lift Kit & a Tri-Glide Comfort Lift Kit?

The Tri-Glide Lift Kit & The Comfort Lift Kit replaces the stock shock mounts of your Tri-Glide. They both give an increase of 1.25" at the shocks and 1.6" at the rear of the bike.

The difference between the two is that The Comfort Lift Kit also slightly changes the angle of the shocks rearward on the swingarm. The suspension now absorbs more of the smaller and larger road imperfections, resulting in less of the bumps being passed on to the rider and passenger.

Net result is a Smoother, Plusher ride.

The Comfort Lift is better unless...the rider/passenger/luggage combined weight is 540 lbs or greater. If this is your situation, it is better to run the Standard Tri-Glide Lift Kit.

Thank you, great explanation.

Does the kit void any warranty?

Forgot to add: any aftermarket products for the steering?

Last edited by questor; 07-26-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:36 PM
cmc seabee
Cruiser

Received 71 Likes on 26 Posts

Found answer in forum search.

Last edited by cmc seabee; 07-26-2015 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Found answer in forum
Old 08-20-2015, 02:55 PM
BornTexan
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of the first things I did was contact SeeThroughBraz and got their protective film for my TG.

www.seethroughbraz.com

GREAT product and does the job.

8~\o

Old 07-25-2017, 10:05 PM
rwhula
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a 2015 tri glide with 2300 miles. My wife noticed a "sway" when we rode.
I notice a slight sway and checked tire pressure and found it high so I am lowering in steps to see if it helps andit has but the sway is still there albeit much less. Has anyone else had this issue?

The following users liked this post:
Fearless (old nickname) (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 07:14 AM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhula
I just bought a 2015 tri glide with 2300 miles. My wife noticed a "sway" when we rode.
I notice a slight sway and checked tire pressure and found it high so I am lowering in steps to see if it helps andit has but the sway is still there albeit much less. Has anyone else had this issue?

Drop rear tires to 21-22 lbs and run 36-37 in front tire and see how it handles, those are the pressures I run in our Triglide. Welcome to the forum Fred

Old 07-26-2017, 09:38 AM
joe momma
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

...................MUST DO......just ride it.......I only did lift kit and rear bumper....I have 09 T/G......eight years old and 85 thousand on the odo.....

The following 2 users liked this post by joe momma:
DK Custom (10-10-2017), Fearless (old nickname) (07-26-2017)
Old 07-30-2017, 04:37 PM
Merri1
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first items I would suggest would be lights to be more visible. I have BAL tail lights and just ordered Custom Dynamics lights to replace my front turn signals for better visibility for cars coming at me.
Then go for comfort. I changed my seat and added 2 + 2 handlebars so that the trike feels like it fits me. Also added highway pegs for long distance comfort. Then there's the DK comfort lift for the boss on the back. A back rest and drink holders for front and back to cruise in comfort. If you ride when its cold out, don't wait for the winter to add connections for your heated gear.
Last is the bling stuff. I added a DK 2" deluxe tank lift and also cooling deflectors for in front of the tank.
I didn't realize how much I've added to the trike until I started listing it. And I'm sure I've missed some stuff. From all the help on the forum here, are you getting an idea that you can add on forever and still not have everything?

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (10-10-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 02:41 PM
TOHOG
Supporter
Received 129 Likes on 82 Posts

What is a tank lift kit? Why use one?

Ordered 2018 TG Ultra and wanting comfort for long rides.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:08 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by TOHOG
What is a tank lift kit? Why use one?

Ordered 2018 TG Ultra and wanting comfort for long rides.
Congrats on your new ride!

Here is a LINK to a Tank Lift that fits your 2018 TG.

It gets the tank off the top of the engine, letting more air flow over the engine, keeping it cooler.

Also shows more of the chrome you're paying for, and makes it easier to clean.

Reduces buffeting...a lot of the air that usually comes over the top of the tank, hits you in the chest, and then buffets your glasses and/or helmet, is now going over the engine instead.

Quick Reply: What are the "must do" items for new trike?