Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

street glide trike

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 09:46 AM
tacojunkie
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default street glide trike

I'm looking @a 2010 Flhxxx and a 2014 flhtcutg, I like the water cooled heads and integrated braking, any feedback on either model is appreciated.

Old 12-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

What's the difference in price?

Old 12-06-2015, 08:30 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Just an opinion, but I would go with the TriGlide over the Free Wheeler. I just see to many people who go with the Free Wheeler, Road King and like bikes and then spend thousands of dollars trying to make them like the higher end models. Things like radio, fairing, lower fairing, tour pac, front crash bars, windshield and on and on.

It is much more expensive to add the parts to have a TriGlide, Ultra, etc. after the fact than it is to just spend the extra at the original purchase.

If you are SURE you are going to be satisfied without all the bells and whistles of the TriGlide, then by all means go with the Free Wheeler and save some money and have a little sportier bike. If you want all the cool stuff get the Tri.

You expressed interested in cooled heads. You are not going to get that with the Free Wheeler.

Bill

Old 12-06-2015, 01:10 PM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

The OP isn't asking about a Freewheeler,Bill.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Que Tip
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do own a '10 flhxxx. The stock trans gear is a 32 tooth. The cat converter is in the header pipe. These two things I had changed for performance and heat. The bill was expensive. If I did my homework and $$ wasn't the issue. I would of shopped around for something newer. The feature of a GPS Touch screen on the '14 is a good thing to have. There's been a few times I said to myself " Where the Hell am I".

Old 12-08-2015, 07:41 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint44
The OP isn't asking about a Freewheeler,Bill.
You are right. I just looked at FLHXX and thought Frewheeler. That being said, my answer remains the same as there is not that much difference. No lowers, no tour pac, no CB radio, not sure about cruise control, and no liquid cooled heads.

Bill

Old 12-08-2015, 11:52 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

freewheeler has cruise control and will roll 80 mph all day long. I think DK kevin from DK customs has a 2014 tri glide if I am not mistaken. He would be a good person to ask about it. I don't have personal experience with the flhxxx but I have always liked them. My favorite HD trike.

I did buy a freewheeler. I am perfectly happy with my choice. I don't need a radio , fairing, etc. I can see why you would want some of those things if money were not a limiting factor and you did long miles and long trips were all you do. Longest day I have had on the free was 10 1/2 hours from Montana to Oregon . But that was before I cracked up. Good luck with your quest for the bike that fits your needs.

Old 12-25-2015, 12:30 PM
Tattooedharlyguy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having issues and am at a dead end... I have a 2010 flhxxx street glide trike on this said trike I have the Oem luggage rack ...on that luggage rack their is a chrome sissy bar upright Jd part number 83921-10 I don't have one can't find one it's a discontinued part what can I do any one know of one are have a idea I've looked high and low????????helppppp thank you

Old 12-25-2015, 02:42 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,482 Likes on 1,541 Posts

damn, i got a 15 tri-glide and can't keep from spending more money on it. a bike is never done.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:55 PM
Tattooedharlyguy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol right 👊😎👊

Quick Reply: street glide trike