Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

5 new triglide owner first time bike owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 03:24 PM
Ultra triglide guy
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 new triglide owner first time bike owner

Hello,
I'm a 48 year old living in california.
I just bought my first bike a 2016 ultra triglide 60 days ago and have almost 1700 miles on it. I love the ride and feel of it. Now that I have some mileage on it I have noticed that the ha die bars (stock) angle is a little to much and causes my thumb and 2 first gers to fall asleep. I would like to straighten them or find a set of handlebars that have less angle on them. The height is fine I believe for now just the angle is a little much and not a "natural" position for my hands. Any suggestions for styles or types that might be more in line with what I am looking for?

Thanks,

George

Old 04-30-2016, 08:00 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Default First of all Welcome

Khrome werks 2+2 WIDE SWEEPERS

Before 9" Flat top LRS and PV tuner

You will soon find out handle bars are as personal as choosing shoes, what works for one doesn't for another. Height, arm length posture all have a part in how your handle bars feel and work for you.

A very knowledgeable man has said sit on the Triglide and hold out your arms normally and that is where you need to have your bars. Good luck and you will find what you need quickly. ride safely fearless

Old 04-30-2016, 10:00 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,494 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Last year while on a road trip, we (my cousin, his son and I) stopped in at the H-D dealership in Jackson, MS.
That afternoon, my cousin rode out on a new Tri-Glide!!

After following him for a few hours the following day, I could tell that he was slowly adjusting to the handling issues, but I could also tell that he was not sitting in a very comfortable sitting position.

When we took a break I asked him if he was comfortable with the position of the handlebars and he said "yep"!

When he got back on the seat, I told him to close his eyes.
I then told him to hold his arms out to where he would like the handlebars "to be".
When he did this, I said "don't move your hands but open your eyes".

His hands were a few inches above the handlebars, and few inches short of them.

When I first sat on my '13 CVO Ultra at the dealership that I would have to change the OEM bars, and I did.

Having handlebars that fit "YOU" is critical for long touring trips and when I get a Tri-Glide, this will be one of the first upgrades that I will have done.
It's just a shame that H-D does not offer "optional" handlebars and windshields, especially for their touring bikes/trikes.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:00 AM
Lilman
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Ditto on the Khromewerks 2+2 sweepers....

Old 06-26-2016, 06:47 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think it's a simple adjustment to move the bars forward. Should be a clamp that attaches the bars on top of the triple tree. Has been on all my other Harleys. Need to open up the fairing for access, then just loosen the 4 bolts make the adjustment, and tighten. I did that on my Sporty.

It's a PITA to replace bars. The hand grips, all of the controls, brake lines etc.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:33 PM
captbob
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by SportyPig
I think it's a simple adjustment to move the bars forward. Should be a clamp that attaches the bars on top of the triple tree. Has been on all my other Harleys. Need to open up the fairing for access, then just loosen the 4 bolts make the adjustment, and tighten. I did that on my Sporty.

It's a PITA to replace bars. The hand grips, all of the controls, brake lines etc.
+1, On my 2016 TriGlide, I just had to have the shop move the stock bars with my eyes closed to the position that my body was calling for at time of delivery. They did not charge me anything for this service and considered it part of the PDI. Have been able to do multiple 12+ hour consecutive days with the stock bars and no numbness/pain other than being on the trike too long which had nothing to do with the bar placement.