Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

A Different Take On Trike Lift Brackets. I Think Will Help With 2017 Tri Glides

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 03:58 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts
Default A Different Take On Trike Lift Brackets. I Think Will Help With 2017 Tri Glides

A Diffrent Take On Rear Trike Lift Brackets And Exactly What I Was Looking For For Our 2017

I just thought I would share this information for anyone interested in diffrent options out there for there 2017 Trikes and an issue I found to be true for a fact on our 2017 Tri Glide Trike.

I have a 2017 Tri Glide and have rear lift-brackets installed on it. With that said the issue is and this is more common on 2017 models than folks realize (some may not even know this). That is with any of the regular lift brackets out there on the market they fit very very tight. NOTE- The exhaust clearance at the big weld (very oversized and vary from bike to bike) on the Z pipe because of the cat relocation back further in the header on the 2017 model Trikes- this oversized weld causes clearance issues between the swing arm and pipe at extension. There is minimal if any clearance with the Trike sitting on the ground and the swingarm for sure will hit with the axle hanging free unsupported (minimizing shock extension capability). Yes the regular lift brackets on the market will work but the clearance is still a little close for my personal taste on the 2017 model Trikes. I have now ran across reports as time has went on where guys have not been able to get the regular lift brackets on because of this issue, reports of grinding the weld down and other small mods. I myself had to smooth the weld down a little just to get clearance not to rub on the swingarm with the trike sitting on the ground. This has worked ok for me but I still don't like it and wished there was a little more clearance. As said I think this issue is more common than folks know. Also these clearance issues can make it a pain to install the normal design brackets out there on the 2017 model Trikes.

This new design I ran across from one of the long time manufacture out there ( Tri-Glidestuff ) of Trike lift brackets has come up with what may be a great solution. These brackets work on newer 2017 models and pre year Tikes as well. A multi hole lift brackets that give two shock angle options in one bracket and two Lift sizes available. I find this a big big plus in my mind and it solves an issue that I don't really care for on our 2017 Tri Glide as mentioned above useing the regular lift bracket design that's been on the market.

One lift design is 1.25-2 bracket for 2016 and older raises mufflers tips 1 3/8". The other bracket design is the 1-2 bracket recommended for the 2017 models and raises muffler tips 1 1/8" and will also work on 2016 and older models as well depending on the amount of lift wanted or needed. Both styles have the two hole design allowing back angle to your shocks like the popular Comfort Lift or the straighter shock angle like the standard or original lift designs out there.

Great idea in my personal opinion,

Ride Safe All,
Bill G

Attached Thumbnails A Different Take On Trike Lift Brackets. I Think Will Help With 2017 Tri Glides-img_1857.jpg  
Old 03-14-2017, 04:12 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,941 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Hey Bill!

That's exactly the idea you and I spoke about about several months ago!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 03-14-2017, 04:20 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Hey Bill!

That's exactly the idea you and I spoke about about several months ago!

It's a great idea Kevin. Are you guys going to persue simular designs as we talked about still? Looks like a good idea and was very surprised to run accross these.

Ride Safe,
Bill G

Old 03-14-2017, 04:51 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bill G
It's a great idea Kevin. Are you guys going to persue simular designs as we talked about still? Looks like a good idea and was very surprised to run accross these.

Ride Safe,
Bill G
We've been testing several different variations since you and I spoke.

We have not decided which to go with yet, but will soon, and then it will be just a few weeks after that when it will be available.

The following users liked this post:
RedOregon (03-15-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 10:25 AM
RedOregon
Tourer

Received 125 Likes on 82 Posts

We've been testing several different variations since you and I spoke.

We have not decided which to go with yet, but will soon, and then it will be just a few weeks after that when it will be available.
Any updates? Got a birthday coming up soon, you might be hearing from a certain very good daughter

Old 06-09-2017, 03:00 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by RedOregon
Any updates? Got a birthday coming up soon, you might be hearing from a certain very good daughter
Oh man, I'm sorry. I forgot to update this thread when we introduced them.

That was a couple of months ago now.

The Convertible Comfort Lift™ can be seen HERE.

We have a couple hundred Customers already running them.

Just yesterday we had a Customer here at the shop that we installed a set of them on his 2017 Tri-Glide.

The Convertible Comfort Lift™ Kit replaces the stock shock mounts of your Harley Trike. It gives an increase of 1.25" at the shocks and 1.6" at the rear of the bike. This is the same as the Comfort Lift™ & the Standard Lift Kit.

The Convertible Part: On some pre 2017's, and more 2017 HD Trikes, there can be a very close fitment between the swingarm and the exhaust with a full 1.25" Lift.

The Convertible Comfort Lift™ has a second set of mounting holes that allow you to try the full 1.25" lift first, and if there is a fitment issue, simply use the built-in secondary mounting holes. It takes 30 seconds to make the change!

The secondary mounting holes give you almost 1" lift at the shocks & close to 1.2" lift at the mufflers.

Two lifts in one...no need to compromise with a shorter lift if it is not needed.

Old 06-09-2017, 05:29 PM
RedOregon
Tourer

Oh man, I'm sorry. I forgot to update this thread when we introduced them.

That was a couple of months ago now.

The Convertible Comfort Lift™ can be seen HERE.

We have a couple hundred Customers already running them.

Just yesterday we had a Customer here at the shop that we installed a set of them on his 2017 Tri-Glide.

The Convertible Comfort Lift™ Kit replaces the stock shock mounts of your Harley Trike. It gives an increase of 1.25" at the shocks and 1.6" at the rear of the bike. This is the same as the Comfort Lift™ & the Standard Lift Kit.

The Convertible Part: On some pre 2017's, and more 2017 HD Trikes, there can be a very close fitment between the swingarm and the exhaust with a full 1.25" Lift.

The Convertible Comfort Lift™ has a second set of mounting holes that allow you to try the full 1.25" lift first, and if there is a fitment issue, simply use the built-in secondary mounting holes. It takes 30 seconds to make the change!

The secondary mounting holes give you almost 1" lift at the shocks & close to 1.2" lift at the mufflers.

Two lifts in one...no need to compromise with a shorter lift if it is not needed.
Cool...so it would work just fine with my '15, and if I trade up later, no problem with possible interference.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:17 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by RedOregon
Cool...so it would work just fine with my '15, and if I trade up later, no problem with possible interference.
You're correct!

Old 06-09-2017, 07:40 PM
RedOregon
Tourer

You're correct!
Excellent, thanks!

Old 06-27-2017, 11:51 AM
RedOregon
Tourer

And now for the shocks

Quick Reply: A Different Take On Trike Lift Brackets. I Think Will Help With 2017 Tri Glides