Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Trike floorboard relocation

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 08:04 AM
Trike-115
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trike floorboard relocation

Hey all! Anyone out there know of a floorboard relocation kit for newer trikes? I have an 18 trig life ultra that I love, but I知 tall and would love to fit more comfortably. I知 looking for a way to lower the floorboards to give a bit more leg room. It痴 a trike so lean angle is really not a concern. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:15 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

If your boards mount up the same as a standard Ultra. Kuryakyn makes adapters that go 1" out and 1" forward. I have them on my RGS and they make a big difference.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:20 AM
PDB17UltraRG
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 773 Likes on 735 Posts

Welcome to the Forum lots of great info here enjoy and learn or brush up a bit from Stuart Fl. Ride a Lot Ride Safe.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:13 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts

G'day mate,

welcome to HDF.

I will be your tour guide. Be sure to read the manual before posting ok mate?

Or we will have discipline you and if you don't "get it" we will need to discipline you biker style.

Now, for your orientation. Go down the hall on your left to the 1st room. No, wait. That is where Izzo interviews the gals. The 1st room on your right. That is where the commissary is.

Then you will see doors marked for the mortuary, skeet shooting, a room where we make fun of In-Jun bikes, and of course we have a ahh, umm, oh yeah a across the hall.

We had a BOMB MAKING room but, well, ahhhhh, 1 of the guys just didn't understand Blasting Caps very well so..... you know.

We have our own pub .

There are several places where you can familiarize your self with the .

So don't be a wall flower watching others . Get involved.

See you around mate. I am going to the commissary now.

**** ON THE SERIOUS SIDE ****

**** I AM NOT ONE TO GIVE ADVICE ON HOW HDF WORKS BUT… ****
**** AND THE FOLLOWING IS UNOFFICIAL ****

You are in the “New Members Area” where you can introduce yourself and let us know what Harley Davidson bike(s) (if any) you ride/own.

If you have questions about engines, exhaust systems, audio issues, etc… then:

1) Please go to the upper corner and Roll Over “Forums

2) Then come down to and Roll Over “Harley Davidson Tech & Mechanical Forum

3) Then come down to the section that would be most appropriate for your question like Audio Systems, Engine Mechanical Topics, Exhaust System Topics, etc… and CLICK on the topic you have a question about.

You will find the knowledge here is EXCELLENT and these here mates are willing to help you in any way they can. ‘juss be careful. There are some “Trolls”, so I suggest just ignoring them ‘ole farts.

See you around HDF. Come often, we have a humor thread, game thread, and a LOT of other stuff.

Have A Great Day Mate,

BuzzCap7

Old 01-15-2019, 12:40 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,941 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by Trike-115
Hey all! Anyone out there know of a floorboard relocation kit for newer trikes? I have an 18 trig life ultra that I love, but I知 tall and would love to fit more comfortably. I知 looking for a way to lower the floorboards to give a bit more leg room. It痴 a trike so lean angle is really not a concern. Any help would be appreciated.
This LINK shows a floorboard relocation kit that moves the floorboards out 1", most find that this gives them more leg room and a significant improvement in comfort. There are quite a few reviews at that link that may give you some insight.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-15-2019, 12:52 PM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

Welcome Trike! I have the DK extenders on mine and highway pegs and this setup gives me options and works for me. But I am 5'9" tall. So you might need something more. Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 09:43 PM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 409 Likes on 266 Posts

Welcome and enjoy your Trike. Like Graygoat I am 5'9" and have the DK's. I like them. If your trike is like my 15 the standard ultra board extensions won't fit on the left side account of the foot brake. Take you time and have fun.

DK Custom (01-15-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 07:13 AM
LS Bob
Road Warrior
Received 175 Likes on 125 Posts

We tall guys have special challenges, don't we?
I am 6'6" and have been modifying Harleys for years. I have not tried all solutions, in fact not many, but I have found a combination that works for me.
I have had the footboard extensions from DK for years on several bikes, including my Triglide. I would not want to ride with out them. What really works is a combination of things, though. I have a Tallboy seat from HD, taller bars, and highway pegs that let me extend my legs. In fact, I probably 90% of the time ride with my heels on the footboards and toes on the pegs. I also have some added heel rests (also from DK) which provide additional support for my big feet in front of the footboards.
If you really want to improve foot placement comfort, I also recommend a set of the extended shift levers and an extended (and lowered) rear brake pedal. These items really provide an amazing amount of room to put your feet where they need to be for added comfort.
Read on HD Forums about footboard extensions and you will learn there are several options, but as stated above, make sure the product takes into account the attachment for the parking brake hardware we have on the Triglides.
The last piece of advice I have for you is don't be concerned about calling the vendors and asking advice. DK, for example, has years of experience helping guys like us not have to reinvent the wheel. They are happy to discuss and suggest solutions. Most of the best add-ons come from smaller vendors and they are ready to discuss fitment and function over the phone.
Good luck.

DK Custom (01-16-2019)