Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Any Bad Reviews re. the Freewheeler?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 01:41 PM
foundryratjim
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DeaconRSMC
got a 2015 and its a great ride. you do catch a lot of wind so finding a set of lowers or lower wind deflectors is a plus (still working on that). I have currently put a engine guard, luggage rack, trailer hitch (Rivco), wiring harness (totally plug n play from Open Road Outfitters) on it along with a sundowner seat (must have for passenger on long rides.

I have the JES fork wind deflector and they help a lot.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:28 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I know this is an old post but I love my freewheeler . I have a hard time getting under it to change the oil but the is a "me" problem. Getting older. I have over 12.5 k on mine now and I would not ride anything else. I did have some issues with the wind at high speeds but I just put a road kind windsplitter windshield on and no more issues at any speed. Plus it is detachable . Comes off in about 5 seconds. I have toured on mine and had a blast. These things really handle well and the 103 HO has plenty of torque. Also can ride them 85 - 90 mph all day long if you need to and no issues at all. I use mobil 1 in the motor and it just runs like a champ.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Randy8511
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by missedem
I know this is an old post but I love my freewheeler . I have a hard time getting under it to change the oil but the is a "me" problem. Getting older. I have over 12.5 k on mine now and I would not ride anything else. I did have some issues with the wind at high speeds but I just put a road kind windsplitter windshield on and no more issues at any speed. Plus it is detachable . Comes off in about 5 seconds. I have toured on mine and had a blast. These things really handle well and the 103 HO has plenty of torque. Also can ride them 85 - 90 mph all day long if you need to and no issues at all. I use mobil 1 in the motor and it just runs like a champ.
I would really like to see a few pictures of the windsplitter on your bike. I have been thinking of the same thing but the local dealer doesn't stock one to have a look at.... Would it be possible to post a few??

Old 06-13-2016, 12:24 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm not great with pic posting . It might take a few for me to figure it out but ill see what I can do. I will try with my new phone. If I do not succeed in a few days pm me an email address and Ill try and send some that way.