Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Another first from Harley

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 04:18 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLRT
No let down, and no, no outsourcing either. The call came from Harley corporate HQ in Milwaukee. ( I tried to find the number in my caller ID but it's been too long ago. It was 414 area code.) It's called good business in my book when a company hires people to check up on recent customers and find out if they're happy with their purchases. What? You think if I had been having an issue she would of just said, "Gee, that's too bad. I'm just calling to sell you more parts."? There was no twisting of my arm, no suggestions as to what accessories I should buy, just somebody who sounded genuinely interested in if I was happy with my purchase. You know what I got from Honda when I purchased my 2014 CB1100? Nada. Big fat zero. No call from Soichiro in Tokyo. Nothing.
What Harley's doing is what all successful companies have done in the past....and that = good customer service.
Ditto

I was at my dealer today, saw the owner who is also a customer of mine and a friend, he said he received a call from the same guy ... giving him feedback about my call and telling him to make sure that my coolant leak gets fixed. The owner came down from his office to talk to me about this, I didn't pursue him ... sounds like good business to me (the number that called me was a 414 area code as well). I really don't think it was a telemarketer, but even if it was, it was a nice touch to follow up on my coolant leak ... bike goes in for check tomorrow .. I think I fixed the leak with a clamp on the filler neck, but they will check it tomorrow.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Well.... that's good to know. Could this be a new trend?

Old 01-08-2015, 04:28 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would seem ... I have a pretty good nose for telemarketers and this did smell like that .. actually made me feel a little important to them .... hmmmm go figure