Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

How I tell if I'm an old fart

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 06:10 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Being a "senior citizen" has it's advantages, but age is not one of them. Getting old is not for sissies.

Bill

Old 01-30-2015, 06:39 AM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Thumbs up Well said

Amen I have earned every ach and pain I have now just manage to manage them.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:08 AM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
You guys think you're now officially old farts? Naaah. I just bought this. Now I'm really an old fart.

That's real nice, Hacker. Could use a little chrome, though. Maybe a set of pipes and a cam, and a fuel control module.......

Old 01-30-2015, 07:25 AM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Default More Chrome more Chrome!

Chrome Pipes, spoke wheels, leather seat, boom box sound system and tour pack for starters lol lol. really nice scoot ride safe fearless

Old 01-30-2015, 08:21 AM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
You guys think you're now officially old farts? Naaah. I just bought this. Now I'm really an old fart.

You get my vote ... before I tore my achillies tendon, I played golf ... never could bring myself to ride a cart, felt I got a better feel for the course by walking ... although ... if I could still make the turn to swing ... I'm thinking that cart looks mighty sweet.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:26 AM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Casper
It's not being an "Old Fart" it's now being a "Smart Old Fart"
Heated gear is the best accessory I've ever bought...Gerbins Rocks!

As for the motorcycles, yeah...thought the same.electric starter was for wussies...shocks? don't need no stinking shocks!
Oh how we learn after the years come along...
Dang ... forgot about the kick starters ... I still have the "old sporty right leg" ... my last kicker was a 65 sporty in a paco hard tail frame with a 16 over springer front end ... not even gonna mention the golf ball in the passenger seat ... that thing used to launch me over the bars about once a month ... even with a kidney belt I could only ride it 200 miles a day, after that I'd have blood in my urine ... I used to think it was good fun ... man how I've aged ... but I agree ... think instead of being an old fart ... I'll join your club and be a smart old fart .. LOL

Old 01-30-2015, 08:29 AM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by billnourse
Being a "senior citizen" has it's advantages, but age is not one of them. Getting old is not for sissies.

Bill
My doctor tells me that all the time ... along with "Well that is just age appropriate" ... told me that when the eyes started to go ... same for the knees ... same for the back ... and ears ... Dang ... I didn't think they where the "FIRST" to go ... I'm really getting sick of the "age appropriate" sickness .. LOL ...

Old 01-30-2015, 10:28 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,960 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Yeah, I only got the cart to try to make the shredded meniscus in my right knee last as long as I can. I'm 66 and I've still been walking and carrying, and it's a VERY hilly golf course.

Great suggestions on the cart. I'll be the first guy with a full Stage 1 golf cart!!

Old 01-30-2015, 10:30 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,960 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe
My doctor tells me that all the time ... along with "Well that is just age appropriate" ... told me that when the eyes started to go ... same for the knees ... same for the back ... and ears ... Dang ... I didn't think they where the "FIRST" to go ... I'm really getting sick of the "age appropriate" sickness .. LOL ...
You younger suckers, get ready for the first time you hear the world's most horrifying phrase from your doctor:

"Perfectly normal, for a man your age".

Old 01-30-2015, 10:43 AM
COFLHTK
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I have heated gear and a TG, and I'm only 34. According to yall, that makes me old. I'd prefer to call it wise. I like comfort.

Of course I'm also high mileage. Shrapnel in one knee, worn cartilage and arthritis in the other, 5 bulging discs in my lower back, etc, etc.

Those are the reasons I went to a Triglide to begin with. Couldn't hold up my bagger with two people and gear anymore. And now, I will never go back to two wheels, I LOVE the Triglide!!!

Quick Reply: How I tell if I'm an old fart