Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Better headpipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 05:54 PM
Moneywoes
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Better headpipe

Whats the better headpipe and why?
Fuelmoto Jackpot 2/1/2 stainless steel with ceramic coating
or
Fullsac CX headpipe with their ceramic coating?

Thanks

Old 08-14-2015, 06:20 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You left out 2 of fulsac headers. The DX and the sport pipe both out preform the cx. All are ceramic coated.
The stainless is better metal but the coating will protect the header, metal from rusting.

The DX does away with the flat cross over pipe with a round cross over for better flow. There is minimal difference between the dx and the sport pipe. The DX gives a slight performance improvement over the sport.
I have used the fuelmoto header and I liked it but I have noticed the fulsac dx/sport gives much better mid range power.

Last edited by dirtdobber; 08-14-2015 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:40 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,202 Likes on 713 Posts

I was told today that the Cobra head pipe and Nightstick mufflers are the best change for power and performance. I haven't tried either but the person is extremely experienced in these matters and I respect his opinion. YMMV

Old 08-15-2015, 05:35 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

what ever you do stay away from vance and hines products. I am having decent luck with there powerflow headers. But there slip on mufflers drop the exhaust tips which are quite substantial. They are only attached with screws that come loose once the trike heats up. Lucky and fortunate I did not take out a car behind me when the exhaust part flew off my bike. I just replaced the mufllers with Bassani tapered mufflers. Excellent power . Either product you mentioned should do an excellent job. I like fullsac stuff for performance. I should have gotten there stuff to start with. The dealer I bought my bike from had V&H so that is what I got. Fuel Moto is extremely knowledgeable so there stuff ought to be top notch. I have no experience personally with them however so your mileage may very.

The dealer I bought my bassani slip ons from has dynoed every make of pipe on the market . They say bassani can not be touched for power and torque. (mufflers) . They did not mention a favorite head pipe brand.

Last edited by missedem; 08-15-2015 at 05:37 PM. Reason: addition
Old 08-17-2015, 06:38 AM
NHBAGGER
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
You left out 2 of fulsac headers. The DX and the sport pipe both out preform the cx. All are ceramic coated.
The stainless is better metal but the coating will protect the header, metal from rusting.

The DX does away with the flat cross over pipe with a round cross over for better flow. There is minimal difference between the dx and the sport pipe. The DX gives a slight performance improvement over the sport.
I have used the fuelmoto header and I liked it but I have noticed the fulsac dx/sport gives much better mid range power.
I'm not sure the Sportpipe outperforms the CX. from what Fullsac told me, the Sportpipe is "softer" on the low end than the "X" pipes.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:28 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

While we can only speak for our own products the Jackpot 2/1/2 headpipe has been well proven on the dyno and in real world conditions since we introduced it in 2009 with literally thousands of pipes in the field. Our TriGlide pipes are fully tig welded and are constructed from 304 stainless, they have both 12mm & 18mm bungs and we offer a lifetime warranty.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com