Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Why not IRS???

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 12:22 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Originally Posted by Fozworth
Where did you find the Progressive shocks? Do Harley dealers install them?
I bought mine from Amazon for the best price. They are the 416 series.
Harley will put them on, but they don't like to here. All depends on your dealer. Ask them about it. If you don't wrench on the bike it would cost ya about a half hour to 1 hour labor. But it took me about a half hour. Just 4 mounting bolts & the air lines.
Another thing is the warranty might be good going through a dealer, but expensive.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:18 AM
Autumn Knight 1
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because it's a harley -

Old 10-16-2016, 08:47 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Huh ?

Old 10-16-2016, 12:59 PM
cncb
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have about 5,000 miles on a 2016 Freewheeler, It is about to beat me to death, even the smallest bump jars my teeth and unseats me enough to pull the bike off line. I do ride back roads and secondary roads mostly as opposed to interstates. Most people seem to love the trike but I am not happy with mine at all. Looking for a suspension solution that will keep me in one piece and allow me to enjoy the ride. Seriously considering going back to two wheels and take a heck of a financial beating in the process. Any one have any suspension solutions for a solid axle beater

Old 10-16-2016, 01:30 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,433 Likes on 1,551 Posts

One thing I learned about a trike - when you see a bump in the road it's usually better to aim straight at it. With three wheels it's hard to dodge them and stay in your lane. Hitting them with the front wheel doesn't give you that side to side lurch that you get from the back tire...

Old 10-16-2016, 01:47 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Frostbite
One thing I learned about a trike - when you see a bump in the road it's usually better to aim straight at it. With three wheels it's hard to dodge them and stay in your lane. Hitting them with the front wheel doesn't give you that side to side lurch that you get from the back tire...
I somewhat agree, with a straight axle you will get side to side when hitting the bump. With IRS there is a whole lot less side to side when hitting a bump with a rear wheel.

Old 10-16-2016, 01:48 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,433 Likes on 1,551 Posts

Got curious so took a look at the local ads. Found a Honda, not a GW but a VTX, with a Roadsmith conv., which I think has IRS (ad doesn't say). 5800 miles, $14,000. Just a bit out of the way for you, OP...
http://www.bismanonline.com/mandan_n...n_spec_1_trike

Old 10-16-2016, 03:34 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cncb
I have about 5,000 miles on a 2016 Freewheeler, It is about to beat me to death, even the smallest bump jars my teeth and unseats me enough to pull the bike off line. I do ride back roads and secondary roads mostly as opposed to interstates. Most people seem to love the trike but I am not happy with mine at all. Looking for a suspension solution that will keep me in one piece and allow me to enjoy the ride. Seriously considering going back to two wheels and take a heck of a financial beating in the process. Any one have any suspension solutions for a solid axle beater
Heh .............. The TX F M roads for the most part along with the county primary and secondary roads in my part of the world look like portions of the old Oregon Trail I've seen on vacation .............. Well rutted ! My suggestion would be to do as many of us have and drop the rear tire pressure to between 22 to 24 psi. The 26 psi number is in truth for a car ! Something, the Freewheeler will never be ................. And, check your rear suspension air pressure. Some of the dealer PDI peeps will max the air shocks to check for leaks yet never lower it back down. Go figure ................

The following users liked this post:
cncb (10-18-2016)
Old 10-16-2016, 03:37 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Frostbite
Comparing a bike to a trike is like whorehouse sex vs. phone sex.
The second of which will never give you clap ..................................

Old 10-16-2016, 08:27 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cncb
Pro-Action Shocks!!!

The following users liked this post:
cncb (10-18-2016)

Quick Reply: Why not IRS???