Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2020 CVO Trike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 08:34 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,036 Likes on 1,104 Posts

Originally Posted by NHBAGGER
Well if it's got some red in the paint scheme I might consider it. 117 ci or bigger? Of course then the tuner/cam and exhaust would need to be changed for even more $$$$$
Yup... I can see another $5k investment on top of the invoice price making it your own.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:07 AM
NHBAGGER
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Mr. Wizard, are you at liberty to say how reliable your sources are?

The following users liked this post:
Mr. Wizard (05-08-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 09:23 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by NHBAGGER
Mr. Wizard, are you at liberty to say how reliable your sources are?
Yes sir I am... I can tell you that I’m not reliable at all.

😃

skid_pimp (05-16-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 09:47 AM
show-n-go
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

I think it would sell pretty easy. Heck a limited CVO is around $45k depending on the dealer. For what comes with it assuming they go back to chrome instead of that black plated crap they have now I think a CVO is worth it, especially when you consider the resale value. I also like have bag liners in all the bags, and the other little touches that I would never spend the extra money to have. I will only buy CVO's so I guess I have and do justify the extra money, but I also pay cash or near cash for my toys so it's not about payment for me I just want the extras without the hassle of adding them.

Mr. Wizard (05-08-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 07:52 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 190 Posts

The way Harley prices things I bet it would be close to 60 grand...not gonna sell many.
id rather buy stock and make it what I’d like...my tastes and wants. My choice in chrome, entertainment, wheels etc...

id be more interested in a Roadglide trike...now that would have me thinking hard on one!!
gray popo and all!

The following 2 users liked this post by Casper:
Clint44 (05-14-2019), Mr. Wizard (05-12-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 07:22 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

$60k??

I really have no idea if there will be a CVO TG but it would be fun to ride one. Unfortunately not at that price! Maybe third hand...

Old 05-15-2019, 01:21 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,539 Likes on 1,627 Posts

One option that I really like about my CVO is the remote locking system.

Isn't it about time for H-D to at least consider an ordering process for the most commonly added custom items such as handlebars, windshields, heated seats and handgrips and a remote locking system at least for the touring bikes and trikes?

Another item that would be a plus (IMHO) that is available (even) on ATV's (and Can-AM's I believe) is electronic assisted power steering. That would be a great option for the Tri-Glide!

Mr. Wizard (05-15-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 02:37 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
One option that I really like about my CVO is the remote locking system.

Isn't it about time for H-D to at least consider an ordering process for the most commonly added custom items such as handlebars, windshields, heated seats and handgrips and a remote locking system at least for the touring bikes and trikes?

Another item that would be a plus (IMHO) that is available (even) on ATV's (and Can-AM's I believe) is electronic assisted power steering. That would be a great option for the Tri-Glide!
I had a CanAm before I had a TriGlide. That electronic assist went nuts once on mine and tried to put me into the left lane. It was at town speeds and I was able to keep it out of the left lane but had to shut the Trike down and then restarted without a problem. What would have happened at highway speeds is scary !
That and the drive belt jumping cogs and fast wear on the front tires among other problems with foot rests and I sent the CanAm down the road to another proud rider !

Old 05-16-2019, 11:41 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,539 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
I had a CanAm before I had a TriGlide. That electronic assist went nuts once on mine and tried to put me into the left lane. It was at town speeds and I was able to keep it out of the left lane but had to shut the Trike down and then restarted without a problem. What would have happened at highway speeds is scary !
That and the drive belt jumping cogs and fast wear on the front tires among other problems with foot rests and I sent the CanAm down the road to another proud rider !
Just about any piece of machinery has faults and breakdowns down occasionally.

I've sat on several Can-Ams and I just could not get comfortable so there's no way I would buy one even though they do have some appealing features.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:01 AM
vegas-triker
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by neon65
This tread made me curious what I have spent total on my 2017 trike. Pulled the invoices and with headpipe, tuner, bars, cams, chrome wheels, shocks, lift kit, oil cooler, remote oil filter, etc, etc.

Total price comes in at $44,656.00. I do my own wrenching.
Nice, but I went into culture shock approx $60,000 including custom paint

Quick Reply: 2020 CVO Trike?