Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

My Off Season Mods - Good and Essential

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 10:04 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,497 Likes on 2,247 Posts
Default My Off Season Mods - Good and Essential

Last August I bought a 2023 TG in black. When I got the bike, I did some basic changes - Mirrors, Grips, Shift Linkage, Tour Pack Rack, etc. Over the winter I had some bigger mods performed. I had spine surgery over the winter and needed to improve things for my riding comfort. Here's my changes
* Legend Revo-A, lift kit and front cartridges - Guys, If you have only 1 mod to do, changing the suspension is a must. Trike seems planted and the riding experience is superb - I'll call this essential
* I swapped my Tall Boy seat for a Hammock - This is an OMG improvement
* HD adjustable back rest - Another really good improvement
* HD LED lighting - I did the rears and added a strobe for the tour pack and one for the fender lights. I also added the new HD halo front turn signal running lights - I am very surprised how good they look and function
* Precision Power speakers and amp - Got the top of the line, sounded great at the installer. On the trike, honestly, the Rockford stuff sounds better. The PP units are voiced great for harder rock but anything else is very mid-focused and a bit snotty. If I had to do it again, I would go Rockford.
* HD Adjustable highway peg mounts and matching (to my other accessories) Kahuna pegs - It is beyond nice to stretch out - not essential but I do like it
* HD floorboard inserts - Looks way better than stock and not as buzzy as the stockers.

And then I got a flat in my front tire... Happy spring..

Last edited by uncle kebo; 05-01-2024 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:14 PM
sstan
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Sounds like some good upgrades. Did you have to remove the passenger grab bars for the hammock seat? I’ve been looking at one too. If you still have the stock head unit, I would suggest looking at Soundstream. I swapped out my GTX for one and found it to be one of my best mods.

Old 05-01-2024, 01:09 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,497 Likes on 2,247 Posts

Originally Posted by sstan
Sounds like some good upgrades. Did you have to remove the passenger grab bars for the hammock seat? I’ve been looking at one too. If you still have the stock head unit, I would suggest looking at Soundstream. I swapped out my GTX for one and found it to be one of my best mods.
The grab rails did not have to be removed. Im actually pleased w the stock head unit that will stay put...

Old 05-01-2024, 01:15 PM
Iron25
Road Captain
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

I have the hammock on my street glide, By far, my favorite mod to date. And i even had a mean city cycles modded seat, before the hammock, that I loved

Old 05-01-2024, 04:29 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,638 Posts

I've done many upgrades to my '18. including the lift and rear suspension.

Thinking that I need something done to my front shocks.
I just can't decide which way to go but it will probably be at the end of this season