Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-glide-rg3-and-freewheeler-models-151/)
-   -   PM (Performance Machine) TG Brakes Installed (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-glide-rg3-and-freewheeler-models/505940-pm-performance-machine-tg-brakes-installed.html)

PopDukes 04-21-2010 10:07 PM

PM (Performance Machine) TG Brakes Installed

WOW. What a difference. Not only did it rid my squeaking, but most importantly, the TG now stops on a dime!

Dramatic improvement on stopping ability!!!!!! Feel it was well worth the investment. About $1500.

SEAlaskan 04-21-2010 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by PopDukes (Post 6602985)
WOW. What a difference. Not only did it rid my squeaking, but most importantly, the TG now stops on a dime!

Dramatic improvement on stopping ability!!!!!! Feel it was well worth the investment. About $1500.

Stopping on a dime, eh!! front and rear brakes together I assume?? How much of a improvement on rears only:icon_question:

oldmsocko 04-22-2010 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by SEAlaskan (Post 6603291)
Stopping on a dime, eh!! front and rear brakes together I assume?? How much of a improvement on rears only:icon_question:

Very good question. With my stock brakes using front and rear at the same time it will stop on a dime. My stock rear brakes appear adequate, but as soon as Lyndell come out with rear brake pads I will replace my stock pads with them.

msocko3 04-22-2010 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by PopDukes (Post 6602985)

:icon_worthless:... Just saying:icon_smile:.

Boom 04-22-2010 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by oldmsocko (Post 6603719)
Very good question. With my stock brakes using front and rear at the same time it will stop on a dime. My stock rear brakes appear adequate, but as soon as Lyndell come out with rear brake pads I will replace my stock pads with them.

I guess I can say the same for my '10. One thing that urks me is having to "stand" on the rear brake at a stop to keep it from drifting. I like to sit back and stretch without having to grip the front brake.
They changed the rear brakes on the '10s???:icon_confused:

carlo 04-22-2010 12:58 PM

$1,500 is a lot of money for a up grade when will it stop. My 09 TG stops fine.

msocko3 04-23-2010 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Boom (Post 6603905)
I guess I can say the same for my '10. One thing that urks me is having to "stand" on the rear brake at a stop to keep it from drifting. I like to sit back and stretch without having to grip the front brake.
They changed the rear brakes on the '10s???:icon_confused:

One of the bullet items in the 2010 MY technical update says the following for the Triglide.

Reduced Rear Brake Effort
(New Master Cylinder and Calipers – will retro-fit)

Myself I can't feel any difference between mine or my dads rear breaks. I can say for kicks I decided to see what the rear breaks would do one mine when I pushed harder than normal on the peddle. I was surprised at how loud the rear tires squeal when they lock up. I figure if you can lock up the back tires you can't ask for much better breaking. To me it doesn't seem like I have to push very hard on the rear break peddle to stop or hold it while sitting at a stop light, but everyone has different physical limitations. Maybe there are some who need reduced effort due to leg strength issues, I used to squat 500# at one time so I don't have much problem in that dept.

oldmsocko 04-23-2010 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by msocko3 (Post 6608634)
I used to squat 500# at one time so I don't have much problem in that dept.

That's not very much weight. I use that much just to warm up.:icon_smile:

Boom 04-23-2010 08:48 AM

Maybe there are some who need reduced effort due to leg strength issues, I used to squat 500# at one time so I don't have much problem in that dept.

500 lbs.?! Geez, more like 500 oz. for me! :icon_lol:

SEAlaskan 04-23-2010 10:06 AM

One of the bullet items in the 2010 MY technical update says the following for the Triglide.

Reduced Rear Brake Effort
(New Master Cylinder and Calipers – will retro-fit)

Myself I can't feel any difference between mine or my dads rear breaks. I can say for kicks I decided to see what the rear breaks would do one mine when I pushed harder than normal on the peddle. I was surprised at how loud the rear tires squeal when they lock up. I figure if you can lock up the back tires you can't ask for much better breaking. To me it doesn't seem like I have to push very hard on the rear break peddle to stop or hold it while sitting at a stop light, but everyone has different physical limitations. Maybe there are some who need reduced effort due to leg strength issues, I used to squat 500# at one time so I don't have much problem in that dept.

I haven't been able to lock up my rears on the '09 TG. Maybe I have to look into the retro's. Most of my braking is with the fronts except in hard cornering then I use the rears only, which you don't want to lock them up. :icon_warped: :icon_patriot: