Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Exhaust Wrapping

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:15 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you will get some heat reduction with the wrap but nowhere near 50%, beleive it or not

Old 11-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bullet 10
buddy I bought 25ft of titanium rap from DEI am going to rap my down tubes and collector as far as I canto the add on pipe. I bought silver spray sealer to seal rap with wire connectors at start to finish. rap down tubes seperate to collector and then over collector around O2 sensors to end of collector. I am still trying to get you a diagram of my shifter.
Thanks Bullet, it's appreciated. Looking at the header and the 2" wrap that I bought I'm still wondering how it going to go in some spots. Just wish I had more experience in this area. I do have a friend that owns a small Indy shop and he's done a couple of sets of drag pipes for customers. He tolds me to bring the header and stuff over to his shop next week and we'll figure it out.

He's also going to teach my wife how to ride the Tri. She knows how to ride a two wheeler, but it's been awhile. That way at least she can get us home with the toe shifter if the Pingel takes a dump again.

Last edited by Buddy WMC; 11-06-2010 at 04:43 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:08 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Thanks Bullet, it's appreciated. Looking at the header and the 2" wrap that I bought I'm still wondering how it going to go in some spots. Just wish I had more experience in this area. I do have a friend that owns a small Indy shop and he's done a couple of sets of drag pipes for customers. He tolds me to bring the header and stuff over to his shop next week and we'll figure it out.

He's also going to teach my wife how to ride the Tri. She knows how to ride a two wheeler, but it's been awhile. That way at least she can get us home with the toe shifter if the Pingel takes a dump again.
+1 on teaching your wife to ride it.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 190 Posts
Thumbs up

I agree on teaching the wife to drive the TG...I have mine...never know when out on a trip when something may happen, fall and brake an ankle or leg, heart attack, some good looking bike babe kidnap me...just never know about things.....she could go for help ( or in the babe case a Lawyer or cold water to wake me from dreaming )....

Old 11-06-2010, 09:14 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When I bought the TriGlide this spring it was for my wife and she hadnt soloed for close to 25 years ( she used to solo a full dress '82 Electra Glide). She had no problem at all, said it was really nice not having to balance at stops, of course were older now.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by icebite1
When I bought the TriGlide this spring it was for my wife and she hadnt soloed for close to 25 years ( she used to solo a full dress '82 Electra Glide). She had no problem at all, said it was really nice not having to balance at stops, of course were older now.
And yes we are!!!

Old 11-06-2010, 04:34 PM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 453 Likes on 280 Posts

You mean I'm not still 18!!!!

Old 11-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bronxbill
You mean I'm not still 18!!!!
Bill,
I still think most of us think we are at least in spirit! How to you like the way your 2011 runs with the Stage 1? My setup will be pretty much the same as yours. Jackpot header, Jackpot mufflers and SE Ventilator A/C. Only difference is I have to use the SEpro per my dealer instead of your PCV for fuel management. I really wanted to use a TTS on good advice, but they put the kabosh on that idea.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:43 AM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 453 Likes on 280 Posts

Buddy,
I really like the set up; way more power in all the gears. I rode in a Veterans Day Parade yesterday and really felt no excessive heat. Granted the temps were in the 40's but I really tried to see if I could feel any heat on my leg. I'm a very happy camper

Old 11-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

Glad to hear you are happy with yours and looking forward to getting mine done. We'll see how it goes after they do mine. The only other thing I may plan later on down the road would be a bolt in cam change and I'll consult with the board members when that time comes. I want to see how my warranty is going to stand up as the parts and labor have already been paid for on the bike deal and are on the original sales invoice.

I did not buy the ESP yet until I see how they take care of me. Enjoy your ride Bro, I'll be down a couple of days while our kitchen is being remodeled next week. Have I spent enough money yet?? Gotta keep momma happy as I got mine, now she gets hers!!!

Quick Reply: Exhaust Wrapping