Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

triglide-PCV+Autotune

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,036 Likes on 1,104 Posts

First hand knowledge shows the Fullsac and FuelMoto head pipe has the correct location and allows for the proper sensor depth.

There are a few MAJOR brands that do not and they don't care as they have refused to acknowledge they have an issue while others have acknowledged a mistake and have corrected it. Just need to do your homework before you buy or install.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:23 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sensor Bungs

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
First hand knowledge shows the Fullsac and FuelMoto head pipe has the correct location and allows for the proper sensor depth.

There are a few MAJOR brands that do not and they don't care as they have refused to acknowledge they have an issue while others have acknowledged a mistake and have corrected it. Just need to do your homework before you buy or install.
That was what I was fishing for. Fuel Moto and Fullsac being the main suppliers of the catless aftermarket pipes we use on the Tri Glide.

Back to the main point, checking to make sure the O2's will stick down in the exhaust stream is a good practice, could save some diaqnostic work later on trying to figure out why the bike/trike won't tune after switching exhaust.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:12 AM
pcmikey
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Myself I'd look at either the Fuelmoto Jackpot head pipe or the Fullsac Xpipe before I'd do the duals. The Triglide is a 1200 pound brick your going to want good bottom end torque to get moving, duals normally shift the torque curve to the right. The 32 tooth transmission sprocket Harley stuck on the 09 - 10 Triglide doesn't help matters much, the guys who bought the 11 which has a 30 tooth can get moving from a stop easier.
msocko3

Thanks for the good advice. I had failed to mention that my son had already modified his engine with a geardriven performance cam. I appreciate your response and will look into it.

Mike

Old 01-02-2011, 03:15 AM
pcmikey
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard

Wiz

What about V&H headers?

Mike

Old 01-02-2011, 03:19 AM
pcmikey
Advanced

Originally Posted by coupe55
That was what I was fishing for. Fuel Moto and Fullsac being the main suppliers of the catless aftermarket pipes we use on the Tri Glide.

Back to the main point, checking to make sure the O2's will stick down in the exhaust stream is a good practice, could save some diaqnostic work later on trying to figure out why the bike/trike won't tune after switching exhaust.
I definitely paid too much for mine, but when you're pushing 72, who gives a s---.

Mike

Old 01-02-2011, 07:42 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pcmikey
I definitely paid too much for mine, but when you're pushing 72, who gives a s---.

Mike
You are correct, spend it and help the economy.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,036 Likes on 1,104 Posts

Originally Posted by pcmikey
Wiz

What about V&H headers?

Mike
Below is a measurement taken by a gentleman soldier I've had the pleasure to work with. This was his rear sensor. A paperclip was used to measure the welded bung depth. The small line at the top shows the weldment depth was deeper than the sensor was long. Sorry but I cannot mention the manufacturer.

After his third VTune run the sensor was removed and measured because his VE's were climbing off the charts. The Manufacturer was contacted about the issue. After several attempts to converse with then about this issue he was told to take a hike. I know this because I was copied on the emails.

Again, I cannot mention the manufacturer. Measure before installing. If the measurement is not right, send them back with prejudice.

Attached Thumbnails triglide-PCV+Autotune-02_rear.jpg  
Old 01-03-2011, 02:06 AM
pcmikey
Advanced
Cool

Originally Posted by tbob
I went with the Fullsac becouse the pipe is ceramic coated and I felt the X pipe
would give more exhaust scavage.Just my two cents which isnt worth a crap.
tbob

I'll check into ypur choice. Sounds right for me.

Thanks

Mike

Old 02-04-2011, 12:09 PM
HdRider25
Novice

Has anyone used the Rush head pipes? My dealer tells me I can use these with the Rhinehart slip ons I already have. Along with a super tuner from Harley.
Will this work okay??

Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by HdRider25
Has anyone used the Rush head pipes? My dealer tells me I can use these with the Rhinehart slip ons I already have. Along with a super tuner from Harley.
Will this work okay??
You should be able to use any standard
head pipe for your mufflers.

Quick Reply: triglide-PCV+Autotune