Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Gas tank rubbing by jeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dawg
With the 2" floorboard extensions, do you then need to extend the foot brake pedal out as well? Also, I looked in the HD catalog and did not see any floorboard extensions that describe what you are saying. Do you happen to have a part #? Thanks
Mike answered your vendor information, a great guy and let him know you are an HDF member. No, the brake pedal will need no spacing. I did replace the supplied bolts with Diamond Engineering 12 point Raceproofs. Wifey can't break those at 180,000 psi (lol).

Old 02-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys for all of your help. Am going to install the spacers and do the wax buff out with acrylic overlay. Thanks again for the helpful info.

Ken

Old 02-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer

Originally Posted by msocko3
I'm using the spacers from these fine folks http://www.harleygoodies.com , their forum vendors and the product is top notch. You won't have to do anything with your shifter or brake.
I went to http://www.harleygoodies.com and spoke to Tom. What a great guy to work with. He came up with a solution and am going to do the 2" spacers on both sides. Hope to have them in hand by next week. Thanks Msocko3 for the vendor tip.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:01 AM
CRBandit
Cruiser

I went to http://www.harleygoodies.com and spoke to Tom. What a great guy to work with. He came up with a solution and am going to do the 2" spacers on both sides. Hope to have them in hand by next week. Thanks Msocko3 for the vendor tip.
Everybody keeps mentioning they're using the 2" spacers to extend their driver floorboards but when I go to their page, all I see are 1" extenders. What part number are people using to get the 2" extenders? Am I just blind...? Thanks.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer

Originally Posted by CRBandit
Everybody keeps mentioning they're using the 2" spacers to extend their driver floorboards but when I go to their page, all I see are 1" extenders. What part number are people using to get the 2" extenders? Am I just blind...? Thanks.
I had Tom send me 2 sets of the 1" spacers with longer hardened bolts. If I find I only need 1", then I can sell the second set, but I am thinking I will use both sets of spacers.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:55 AM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I also have the floorboard extentions (harleygoodies) AND tank bra....wouldn't leave home without them!!

Old 02-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
I also have the floorboard extentions (harleygoodies) AND tank bra....wouldn't leave home without them!!
Many have warned about using the tank bra...what has been your experience with it? Do you take the tank bra off when you wash the trike? Any discoloration as a result of the bra?

Old 02-10-2011, 03:18 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Many have warned about using the tank bra...what has been your experience with it? Do you take the tank bra off when you wash the trike? Any discoloration as a result of the bra?
I put a tank bra on a Sportster I had once. When I removed the bra I found rub marks that had cut through the clear coat, I tossed it in trash when I saw that.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:33 AM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Like everything else, it's personal preference....I don't remove the tank bra to wash trike. If discoloration or scratch marks, would just put on another bra when this one wears out!!

To each their own.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

At least my legs are so short, I don't have that problem!

Quick Reply: Gas tank rubbing by jeans