Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

happy

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:11 AM
jim gallo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default happy

am i the only one who likes his trike stock? just the way i bought it? i like my 2011 street glide just the way it is. i may want to change somethings later but am very happy with it the way it came. it seems no hotter to me in traffic than my 2004 soaftail was,it has all the power i need and i find it comfortable. the more i ride it the better i like it. i live in maine and we have a short ridding season but i got over 3000 miles on it so far and ride 2-up most of the time. me and my girlfriend ride every chance we get. i'm 62 and seldom go over 70 mph we like the secondary roads and enjoy the sights when we ride. when i retire i might want a windshield bag for garage door openers and glasses and maybe a mustange seat,i had thoses seats on most of my bikes and am use to them. but all in all have been very happy with my purchase. are there others on this site that feel the same way and just don't say anything?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

I was happy until I got on here and realized I needed this and that! Once you get started it's hard to stop.
Now, I haven't done a lot as far as performance goes as I am happy with that. I needed things like easier clutch pull, and tuner and louder pipes. I just want to hear my bike!
Accessories are another matter. Now I am looking at the onboard air shock adjuster. I am too lazy to take off the side cover to do it, so it stays the same. On this last trip, I could have used more air in the shocks, but didn't want to go through the trouble, as I have side saddle bags too and they have to come off.
By the way, I love my side bags! I can reach right back there to get wallet, gloves, tissues, etc.
I also got a mustang seat a few weeks ago. That seems to be a very good move. No sore butt on this last trip.
OH! and I got the aim reverse gear also and got rid of the electric one. I better stop now, as I am sure there is more....oh.....heated grips.. and ...never mind, it keeps going on.

Last edited by Ironhorsepilot; 10-04-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Bubba49
Road Master
Received 420 Likes on 138 Posts

I have a 11 XXX that's pretty much stock (floorboard extentions are a must) and I love it when I'm not spending my day in a dealership getting something fixed. I had an 09 TG and I spent damn near 5 grand in upgrades (pipes, PC V, race tuner, etc..). I discovered that all of the money I spent on upgrades goes bye bye when you trade or sell. So, this one will remain stock.

Bubba

Old 10-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Rox
Advanced

My 2012 is stock. And I have no plans to change any of it. It has plenty of power, is cooler than my 09 Ultra was (I'm in Texas, all those 100s). I like the sound of the pipes, etc. I added some chrome I like and a double windshield bag for my garage door opener and smokes. But as for mechanics, they are fine and I'm happy with the ride.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 190 Posts

Other than the chrome bumper, chrome fender trim and the 30 T sprocket change mine is stock...
I consider little do dads ( windshield bag, cup holder, GPS, etc still stock),,,

Old 10-04-2011, 01:10 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

If it's what you like, that's OK...
There are two sides to this issue....
1.) You are saving a bunch of money by not adding shiney HD parts to your bike.
2.) You are depriving HD of a bunch of money and now they have an excess of shiney HD parts that they made just for you, so you could make your bike unique.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:30 PM
TaylorMcStrat
Cruiser

I have a '12, and I put on the whole-hog Kuryakyn Perfect Storm kit to deal with the heat/power issues. I then put on Dennis Swan's shock lifts and Tour-Pak relocating bars. I have the windshield bags, and that's about.

There is another '12 owner from my local dealer who has about the same dollar amount of extras on his trike as mine, but his are the fancy grips, chrome trim for his speakers, special floor boards, etc. He kept the stock exhaust/cat/tuning.

I am not planning any more add-ons in the near future. I wanted to put my extra money into performance/safety/functionality rather than chrome geegaws and doodads.

Plus, now my sonorous new pipes don't scrape on driveways and other tiny imperfections in the roadway.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:55 PM
joe momma
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jim gallo
am i the only one who likes his trike stock? just the way i bought it? i like my 2011 street glide just the way it is. i may want to change somethings later but am very happy with it the way it came. it seems no hotter to me in traffic than my 2004 soaftail was,it has all the power i need and i find it comfortable. the more i ride it the better i like it. i live in maine and we have a short ridding season but i got over 3000 miles on it so far and ride 2-up most of the time. me and my girlfriend ride every chance we get. i'm 62 and seldom go over 70 mph we like the secondary roads and enjoy the sights when we ride. when i retire i might want a windshield bag for garage door openers and glasses and maybe a mustange seat,i had thoses seats on most of my bikes and am use to them. but all in all have been very happy with my purchase. are there others on this site that feel the same way and just don't say anything?
.........i am happy with my t/g....it is all stock..except for the brackets for the rear shocks...i put them on (brackets).....i dont notice the heat so much...but i was saggin in the back...i have ridden t/g on ride from calif to north carolina,,,then to brownsville, it and home....this year i rode t/g from calif north and east over lake superior and down to louisville ky...i am 66 yrs old....and enjoy the t/g pretty well...i rode it around seventy five to eighty when i could......it rolls right along...i have around 21 thou on the odometer....keep an eye on your rear pads...they go quickly...

Old 10-04-2011, 04:53 PM
krw
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

09 pretty much stock. You hear a lot about the problems and fixes.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:33 PM
DonPiar
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jim gallo
Love mine also! Had it since the middle of July just over 3,000 miles almost all two up also. Love it!

Quick Reply: happy