Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Has there been a poll to show the age of Trike riders ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 11:44 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by erbssr
I'm 70 & had no desire to go to 3 wheels. I only did it to get my wife to start riding with me again. If she stops, I'll go back to 2 wheels ASAP. The trike is cool when she is with me but when I have to ride alone, I feel like a sissy.

I'm not sure why you feel like a sissy. I see a lot of guys riding alone. I don't equate man hood to 2 wheels.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Que Tip
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'am 64 yrs young. Sold the Road King because it was a '99 and deceided if I was going to keep riding and have a Ride for awhile I would graduate to a trike.
Lots of fun!
I only wished I found this site earlier.
Purchased a used '10 Flhxxx from a dealer and discovered some problems.
I had no clues what to look for until this site.
Now I'll be looking for advice on fixing my minor problems.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:40 PM
erbssr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
I'm not sure why you feel like a sissy. I see a lot of guys riding alone. I don't equate man hood to 2 wheels.
I guess since I am a member of Combat Vets Motorcycle Assn., I'm too macho sometimes.LOL

I DO miss my loud pipes & blazing acceleration.And sitting on a trike just doesn't look that cool, even though I get more comments about the trike.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:04 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Cancer got wife off her Deluxe and on to a Tri-Glide in 2009. Two years later heart valve replacement got me off my Ultra and onto her old used 2009, she got the new 2011. We both were very happy with our 2 wheelers, we are very happy with our trikes. They have become our primary transportation, weather is great here in So. Cal.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:36 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,084 Likes on 3,486 Posts

Originally Posted by erbssr
I guess since I am a member of Combat Vets Motorcycle Assn., I'm too macho sometimes.LOL

I DO miss my loud pipes & blazing acceleration.And sitting on a trike just doesn't look that cool, even though I get more comments about the trike.
Give'em a while & the others will also have a trike once they find out how much enjoyment you get out of a Trike. Remember, there are also chopper trikes !
Going to your Trike is like going to a full Dresser from a Street Glide only with a different stance & it costs almost twice as much.
I ride what is comfortable & a blast to ride not trying to impress someone !
If you want more power & or loud pipes, that can be done also......
Ride Safe
Ride Often !

Old 12-01-2013, 08:32 PM
DaveLaBenne
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

47 here, wife is 45. Been on 3 wheels since May 2010. She's more comfortable on the back of 3 than 2. She rode her own until 2010 when the knees and hips got to her. She's only 5'2 so it was a chore for her to hold it up when she was healthier.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:51 PM
elf5051
1st Gear

I'm 62 pushing the short side of 63, my husband is 72. I can no longer ride a 2 wheel because of muscle & tendon issues. We bought a 2011 Ltd CVO S.E. when our son bought his, traded it for my 2014 Tri-Glide. My husband's is a 2010, we can ride our son's anytime we want but now that I have mine, we use the Trikes. I have put 3200 miles on it since Memorial week-end & love it. My husband says the main difference in mine to his is like having power steering vs manual. I cannot throw his around, it requires more upper body strength than my puny muscles have ;-)

Old 08-01-2014, 06:01 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,084 Likes on 3,486 Posts

Originally Posted by elf5051
I'm 62 pushing the short side of 63, my husband is 72. I can no longer ride a 2 wheel because of muscle & tendon issues. We bought a 2011 Ltd CVO S.E. when our son bought his, traded it for my 2014 Tri-Glide. My husband's is a 2010, we can ride our son's anytime we want but now that I have mine, we use the Trikes. I have put 3200 miles on it since Memorial week-end & love it. My husband says the main difference in mine to his is like having power steering vs manual. I cannot throw his around, it requires more upper body strength than my puny muscles have ;-)
I'm glad to see more women doing the Trikes ! They are a lot more stable for a smaller frame person to handle rather than having to go with a smaller bike. The Trike is so much more long trip worthy than the smaller bikes. Not saying it isn't done,,, but the comfort just isn't the same !
My wife even lets me go shopping with our Trike !! ha LOL

Old 08-01-2014, 09:42 PM
rlr10ultra
5th Gear

My inlaws got a trike 2 years ago. Dad is 80 and Mom is 74. Dad has had both knees replaced. We just got back last weekend from a 2200 mile trip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:02 PM
rdkng07
6th Gear

Funny how everyone thinks trikes are for the disabled. I'm still on 2 wheels but thinking about three just because I want one.

Guys at work think I have a secret medical problem I'm not talking about because I'm going to get a trike. They get together and speculate what my problem could be quietly in a group like a bunch of cattle..LMAO

Quick Reply: Has there been a poll to show the age of Trike riders ?