Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

On DK web site two style of lift kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 02:47 AM
sascho
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On DK web site two style of lift kits

On DK web site two style of lift kits,
Tri-Glide - Rear Shocks Comfort Lift Kit - Added Comfort & Lift

The Comfort Lift works with all Tri-Glides.
Not for use in applications where running maximum of 50 PSI And the shocks are regularly bottoming out. This typically only occurs when running over the maximum rider/passenger/luggage of 540 lbs AND on poor roads. If this is your situation, it is better to run the Standard Tri-Glide Lift Kit.
Tri-Glide Lift Kit for Rear Shocks Level Out Your Tri-Glide

What is the main differance between these two styles and the type everybody sounds like they installed is the comfort ride?

Old 07-04-2013, 03:48 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,954 Likes on 2,306 Posts

Originally Posted by sascho
On DK web site two style of lift kits,
Tri-Glide - Rear Shocks Comfort Lift Kit - Added Comfort & Lift

The Comfort Lift works with all Tri-Glides.
Not for use in applications where running maximum of 50 PSI And the shocks are regularly bottoming out. This typically only occurs when running over the maximum rider/passenger/luggage of 540 lbs AND on poor roads. If this is your situation, it is better to run the Standard Tri-Glide Lift Kit.
Tri-Glide Lift Kit for Rear Shocks Level Out Your Tri-Glide

What is the main differance between these two styles and the type everybody sounds like they installed is the comfort ride?
This is the difference-

The Comfort Lift slightly changes the angle of the shocks rearward on the swingarm. The suspension now absorbs more of the smaller and larger road imperfections, resulting in less of the bumps being passed on to the rider and passenger.
Net result is a Smoother, Plusher ride.

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-04-2013, 05:47 AM
JJHOG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to point out that there are two companies that have lift kits for the HD Trike. DK Products, which sponsors this Forum, has two different lift kits as he has shown in the Post above. Another company, which sponsors a Forum on another site has only the Standard Lift Kit.

I have installed DK's Comfort Soft Lift Kit and I am very satisfied with it. For me the combination of the Comfort Soft Lift Kit along with adjusting the tire pressures higher and also increasing the shock pressure so that I didn't bottom out were the keys to a better handling TG.