Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

First Tri Glide in UK ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 12:34 AM
ELVISTO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Tri Glide in UK ?

Possibly the first T/G officially exported to the UK,

My dealer rang to say they had their first T/G in on Tuesday, so yesterday I was over there to take a look,

After a couple of hours of drooling and taking pics, I can't wait for mine to arrive, it was just an amazingly great looking machine,
Most of the bike looks like the one you have in the USA, but check the front lights out, seems we're not getting a headlight in the fairing , thats just a cover,a very nice cover i must add, we weren't able to try the lights because its not yet had PDI,
What do you think?

Cheers , Graham

Old 11-07-2013, 12:58 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,083 Likes on 3,485 Posts

You must have some laws against too much light out the front ? Will you be able to install the proper center light or is that against the law there? What does the Ultra, or the CVO have there? Even last year.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:40 AM
ELVISTO
Cruiser

Hi sloufoot,
The two wheel bikes have the set up you have in the States, Must be some silly Euro rule we have over here

I'm sure we'll be able to retro fit the headlight, if the wiring is there, I'll wait and see if it's needed, I must say I quite like the reflector ,Qwerky ,

Tell you what I also noticed, the inside bore on the mufflers are different diameters, why would that be ?

Graham

Old 11-07-2013, 05:44 AM
ELVISTO
Cruiser

Oooops, sorry forgot the picture

Old 11-07-2013, 07:53 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ELVISTO
Oooops, sorry forgot the picture

In this picture the lower section of the rear fenders is a set of reflectors that I would like to get my hands on. I bet they are the same reflectors showed up in Harley Davidsons 110 anniversary Tri Glide model advertisement, but in chrome trim.
Butch

Old 11-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Spot lights are higher and signal lights are different than the ones in the US.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:50 AM
JJHOG
Road Captain

Man, those spot lights are using double projector lenses. I'm guessing high and low beam function. Add a 7" center mounted projector lense high/low beam and you'll blind oncoming traffic. The turn lights are interesting looking too. Looks like they are a combination driving light and yellow turn signal light.

You guys also have wider license plates than we do here judging by the chrome handle/light braket for over the license plate.

The red reflectors at the bottom of the rear fenders, do they light up or are they just reflectors like the one on the side of the fenders? Interesting that our side fender reflectors are red whereas yours are yellow.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:58 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ELVISTO
Possibly the first T/G officially exported to the UK,

My dealer rang to say they had their first T/G in on Tuesday, so yesterday I was over there to take a look,

After a couple of hours of drooling and taking pics, I can't wait for mine to arrive, it was just an amazingly great looking machine,
Most of the bike looks like the one you have in the USA, but check the front lights out, seems we're not getting a headlight in the fairing , thats just a cover,a very nice cover i must add, we weren't able to try the lights because its not yet had PDI,
What do you think?

Cheers , Graham

Hey Graham,congratulations on your new TG,the headlight delete is some EU stupid law,a few days ago I was having my bike serviced at the dealership here in Rome and they were uncrating a new TG and this one too had the plugged headlight but the new owner was telling me that once the bike had been registered he would have the LED light put in and pay the fine in case he ran into overzealous cop.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:19 AM
ELVISTO
Cruiser

I'm Sorry guys, its not my bike its the dealers show bike only,it's not had the battery fitted yet,

Mine will be here, well ,who knows, I hope soon,

Pleased I've taken the pictures, gives me something to look at, I've worn the brochure out, lol,

You guys will spot the differences, it's all new to me

I'll ask about the rear red reflectors when I call in next week,

Can you tell me what the 6 raised parts, either side ignition lock, are for please? I guess switches, but for what ?

Old 11-07-2013, 11:21 AM
JJHOG
Road Captain

Is Europe considering the Tri Glide something other than a motorcycle but instead a deriviation of a Automobile which evidently in Europe isn't allowed to have a centered headlight?

Wonder if the european driving lights will fit in our Passing Lamp fixtures. Man, would that setup light up the road.

Quick Reply: First Tri Glide in UK ?