Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Ribitt
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

well I am new to this trike stuff. been riding for years and do to health reasons and the ol'lady worrying about me when on the road. the bike left the factory on 03/21/14 bought it 04/05/14. so far the only issue I have is it has a leak under the rear of the engine, probably the oil pan is loss so on Wednesday it goes in for the 1000 mile service and that should get fixed.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:48 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ribitt
well I am new to this trike stuff. been riding for years and do to health reasons and the ol'lady worrying about me when on the road. the bike left the factory on 03/21/14 bought it 04/05/14. so far the only issue I have is it has a leak under the rear of the engine, probably the oil pan is loss so on Wednesday it goes in for the 1000 mile service and that should get fixed.
The oil pan is loss?? Is this a failure to translate or just poor English?

Old 05-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Bob H.
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Postal Trucker
You're welcome. One more note on this, dealer said that you have to push down on the cap while turning and that it wasn't easy.
Turns out to be a service bulletin for the thermostat housing or at least that is were the leak came from. Standard pressure test of 2min does not make leak show up, took 10min. All set for now but all good info for sure. Thanks

Old 05-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Bob H.
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
Have them change the filler neck on the coolant bottle per service bulletin and check tire pressure. This Trike probably sat at the dealer for over six months, they need to go back through it for you. Good luck, let us know how it works out for you.
All set, thermostat housing or something to do with it was problem. Made sure tires were set when I picked it up. Will be riding off in to the sunset if it ever stops raining in NH but still better than the weather in the middle of the country.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:07 AM
mrfinley
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question . On all my other Harleys you could start the bike in gear with the clutch pulled. Now with this Tri-Glide you have to be in neutral.Does your Tri's do this too or is it just mine? and is there a fix fir it. The reason for the question is it is very hard to find neutral in these new bikes and it is just the Tri that does this. If you kill it in traffic it takes a minute to get it in neutral,embarrassing to kill it but even more so trying to find neutral...

Old 05-15-2014, 08:55 AM
MB1953
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

On the '14s you have to pull in the clutch and use either brake to start it in gear. Found out the same as you about stalling in traffic and trying to find neutral.

As far as finding neutral, it seems to be a common issue that works itself out as you put some miles on and the new parts wear the edges off a little... I noticed the same thing, and it comes up here often. If it doesn't improve, a trip to your dealer for adjustment is in order.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:35 PM
dwmjc
1st Gear
Default "Groaning" when I roll in reverse

Hello fellow tri glide riders,
Got my new 2014 about 2 weeks ago and love it. Unfortunately after about 100 miles I noticed a fluid leak under the bike. Finally found it was my right rear shock that was leaking fluid. Just got back from the shop and now I notice a moan or groan sound when I roll it manually in reverse with engine off. I am taking it back out to the dealer to check it out but wondered if any of you have experienced this.

Love the trike riding though. Traded in an 09 tri glide for this one.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:00 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by dwmjc
Hello fellow tri glide riders,
Got my new 2014 about 2 weeks ago and love it. Unfortunately after about 100 miles I noticed a fluid leak under the bike. Finally found it was my right rear shock that was leaking fluid. Just got back from the shop and now I notice a moan or groan sound when I roll it manually in reverse with engine off. I am taking it back out to the dealer to check it out but wondered if any of you have experienced this.

Love the trike riding though. Traded in an 09 tri glide for this one.
I'd still get it checked, but I'll bet you might be hearing some moaning from the brakes which is normal. Trouble shooting noise via internet is always tough.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:40 AM
dwmjc
1st Gear

Thanks much. I will get it checked out.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:33 PM
M&LG
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No issue with ours yet. It's now out of the crate and we saw it today. Should be ready to go on Wednesday. We are stoked!! Blackened Cayenne Sunglo.
Saw a 2012 at the dealer today. It was backed up against a curb and I wonder about the effectiveness of the rear bumper. It was higher than the curb so the pipes will hit the curb if it was backed up to far. Anyone have experience with the rear bumper and its ability to protect anything?

Last edited by M≶ 05-25-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes