Vance & Hines Vance & Hines is product design and manufacturing company that produces high quality, high margin Performance Products within the Powersports industry.

FP3 HELP, no green cells on Autotune

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Uncle Fuzzy
Road Captain
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by SFinley70
well I tried what you suggested and i still never got an update. I doubled checked and still same software version. I guess Monday i will become a bug a boo and hopefully see some good come out of it. This is aggravating
Aggravating to say the least..

Just one other thing...
When you contact V&H upload your map and then hit the email button in your app.
It'll let them reference your map for any assitance.
If there is any progress on my end, I'll be sure to post it here for others.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:53 PM
SFinley70
Cruiser

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fuzzy
Aggravating to say the least..

Just one other thing...
When you contact V&H upload your map and then hit the email button in your app.
It'll let them reference your map for any assitance.
If there is any progress on my end, I'll be sure to post it here for others.
will do and again i really appreciate you taking the time to try and sort this out with me. I will definitely do as you suggested with uploading my map and emailing it to Vance and hines. Seems like it will get faster results if they know what they are working on. Again thanks Buddy

Old 07-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Uncle Fuzzy
Road Captain

will do and again i really appreciate you taking the time to try and sort this out with me. I will definitely do as you suggested with uploading my map and emailing it to Vance and hines. Seems like it will get faster results if they know what they are working on. Again thanks Buddy
You bet...
That's why these forums are invaluable for info like this..
Good Luck.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:02 PM
SFinley70
Cruiser

You bet...
That's why these forums are invaluable for info like this..
Good Luck.
yes they are. This is actually the first forum i actually joined. I usually can find the answer by lurking through the posts but this dang fp3 has me baffled. Im just relieved to know it's not me doing something wrong because for 3 weeks i thought it was. If i get any results from Vance and hines i will also report back here. Im sure there will be others needing the same help and hopefully our posts help them with quicker results.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Uncle Fuzzy
Road Captain

Just an update..
I have a total of about 50 mi just running around town as I was busy with projects this weekend.
Still not one green cell.
I think I'll finish the session and wait till I hear back from V&H. This firmware update obviously isn't the final fix.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:55 PM
SFinley70
Cruiser

Just an update..
I have a total of about 50 mi just running around town as I was busy with projects this weekend.
I think I'll finish the session and wait till I hear back from V&H. This firmware update obviously isn't the final fix.
yeah thats definitely not right. From what I have read feom others it shouldn't take that long to start populating green cells. I hope they figure this out. Orange cells means front cylinder leaned values and green means both cylinders learned so the update was definitely not the fix we were hoping. Appreciate the update buddy

Old 07-10-2017, 07:32 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Hey guys, for those of you having issues, have you seen firmware updates for the fuelpak itself, or just mobile app updates? I haven't had a chance to autotune in a while, and finally went out tonight. Got 2 back to back firmware updates, both labeled for autotune temperature fix.

I've personally not had any problems populating cells during autotune (just the Bluetooth connectivity issue a while ago that got fixed in an app update). But I do have some spots in my tune with a little hesitation, so I switched from 2 samples to 3 for each cell, to see if I can get some better numbers. Below is my autotune session from tonight, about 40 miles over an hour of mixed back road and highway. Not sure if it matters (I don't think it's supposed to) but I leave my phone on, with the autotune display showing, while doing the autotune ride (it's mounted on my fairing) so I can watch what it's doing.

This is on my non-CANBUS 2011 limited with the 4 pin FP3. Also interesting is that one of the most recent updates adds the ability to set camshafts without having to send your map to V&H now. Up until recently this wasn't possible on the 4 pin version.

Attached Thumbnails FP3 HELP, no green cells on Autotune-screenshot_20170710-195846.png   FP3 HELP, no green cells on Autotune-screenshot_20170710-195832.png  

Last edited by dandrumheller; 07-10-2017 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:36 PM
SFinley70
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dandrumheller
Hey guys, for those of you having issues, have you seen firmware updates for the fuelpak itself, or just mobile app updates? I haven't had a chance to autotune in a while, and finally went out tonight. Got 2 back to back firmware updates, both labeled for autotune temperature fix.

I've personally not had any problems populating cells during autotune (just the Bluetooth connectivity issue a while ago that got fixed in an app update). But I do have some spots in my tune with a little hesitation, so I switched from 2 samples to 3 for each cell, to see if I can get some better numbers. Below is my autotune session from tonight, about 40 miles over an hour of mixed back road and highway. Not sure if it matters (I don't think it's supposed to) but I leave my phone on, with the autotune display showing, while doing the autotune ride (it's mounted on my fairing) so I can watch what it's doing.

This is on my non-CANBUS 2011 limited with the 4 pin FP3. Also interesting is that one of the most recent updates adds the ability to set camshafts without having to send your map to V&H now. Up until recently this wasn't possible on the 4 pin version.
sure enough i went out to the garage and opened app and switch bike on and long behold i had a firmware update. I wont be able to ride until tomorrow so no clue yet if this fixed the autotune issues with using the fp3 in my 08 flhtcui with not populating green cells. I also had an app update but im bad about updating my apps so that could of been available for awhile and didn't think to check until i read your comment on updates. I only had the one update on firmware but at least thats progress. Thanks for the heads up

Last edited by SFinley70; 07-11-2017 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-12-2017, 01:21 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

Just an update..

sure enough i went out to the garage and opened app and switch bike on and long behold i had a firmware update. I wont be able to ride until tomorrow so no clue yet if this fixed the autotune issues with using the fp3 in my 08 flhtcui with not populating green cells. I also had an app update but im bad about updating my apps so that could of been available for awhile and didn't think to check until i read your comment on updates. I only had the one update on firmware but at least thats progress. Thanks for the heads up
**UPDATE**
We were able to duplicate the "no cells learned" and "Yellow/orange cells only". We found some issues within the firmware and application and are currently updating and testing now. I hope to have an update for these issues within the next week or two.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:03 PM
SFinley70
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Vhcneely
**UPDATE**
We were able to duplicate the "no cells learned" and "Yellow/orange cells only". We found some issues within the firmware and application and are currently updating and testing now. I hope to have an update for these issues within the next week or two.
Thanks Chris for posting that.

Last edited by SFinley70; 07-12-2017 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply: FP3 HELP, no green cells on Autotune