Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

**ITM ABS Brake Flush Utility On Sale**

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 11:41 PM
Rick's Ultra
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

I ordered this and used it last week and I am here to tell you it works great. I used to bleed my brakes and after bleeding the brakes get the bike up to speed and really bear down on the brakes to get the ABS solenoids to activate to get fresh fluid in the solenoids. Probably not the best way to do it, but it was the only way I could figure out how to do it.

Great support from ITM as well. I admire folks that can figure this stuff out and make our lives a little easier/cost effective. I will also go out and spread the word for folks that make a good product at a fair price point. If you look at the cost of this product and what the dealer charges for a flush (assuming you can do your own work) this is a no brainer and will pay for itself in no time.

I have no connection to ITM, just pleased with a good cost effective solution to a problem with no cost effective solution in sight until ITM came along.

Thanks Jason!

Old 04-30-2019, 05:10 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I ordered the version for HDLAN bikes a little while ago and used it today for a service on a FLHTK (2014). It worked flawlessly! Followed the directions and had zero issues. Great product! Thank you!

Old 04-30-2019, 08:27 PM
TheITMercenary
Former Sponsor
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WideGlideFever
I ordered the version for HDLAN bikes a little while ago and used it today for a service on a FLHTK (2014). It worked flawlessly! Followed the directions and had zero issues. Great product! Thank you!
Appreciated! I'm working hard on a top secret project right now that I know has been another pain in the side for years. Not leaking details yet, but the coffee pot has been filling for the last 3 months trying to get a handle on this next challenge.

For anyone looking for the HD1 or HD2 ABS flush product, as of today I have exactly TWO left in stock at the moment (parts order in progress/in the shipping yard).

The following users liked this post:
WideGlideFever (05-31-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 02:32 AM
TheITMercenary
Former Sponsor

We are fully stocked with all version of the ABS flush product now! Still haven't done your spring maintenance? Now's your chance! These sell out quick.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:03 PM
Spindrifter
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

very cool!

Old 05-29-2019, 04:29 PM
TheITMercenary
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Spindrifter
very cool!
Much appreciated! Very happy to help so many people. This was a pet project of mine for over a year when a friend convinced me to offer it for sale.

Old 07-03-2019, 12:08 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Good job!! I knew some one could do this.

So this marries to the ECM same as a PV?

A windows version would be more cost effective and appealing. No tablet, downloadable software means no shipping costs, no hardware logistics and inventory costs passed on to the consumer. And Windows programs work across hardware platforms and are more legacy tolerant. "Your" choice of Tablet and app being supported on a single Android version is limited in terms of future proof. Then theirs the added cost if a table fails. And will you be available to support this product if that happens in two, three, four or more years.

Admittedly I have not researched your product so apologies if this is off the mark. Having another tool option is appreciated. Just sharing my initial thoughts.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:58 PM
TheITMercenary
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KumaRide
Good job!! I knew some one could do this.

So this marries to the ECM same as a PV?

A windows version would be more cost effective and appealing. No tablet, downloadable software means no shipping costs, no hardware logistics and inventory costs passed on to the consumer. And Windows programs work across hardware platforms and are more legacy tolerant. "Your" choice of Tablet and app being supported on a single Android version is limited in terms of future proof. Then theirs the added cost if a table fails. And will you be available to support this product if that happens in two, three, four or more years.

Admittedly I have not researched your product so apologies if this is off the mark. Having another tool option is appreciated. Just sharing my initial thoughts.

It is licensed for one bike, however I offer multiple licenses for a nominal fee.

As for a Windows version:

You have to have a laptop.

You have to deal with Windows installation issues (and my firm has to support said issues).

The product is infrequently used (I flush once every year, most do it every 2 years). Not much wear and tear on the item incurred ever. As for the tablet, they are very inexpensive. I support my customers and would happily help them out cost wise IF such an issue were to occur with their tablet (to date not a single issue...refer to infrequency of use of this product as a major reason why).

Support: I've been in IT for 22 years and a business owner since 2009. My track record speaks for itself (and I don't rely on this product to feed my family...this was/is a side business that I enjoy, so in other words I'm not reliant on the sales of this utility product).

Price: It's the cheapest option you will find. It's also the easiest to use by far (once again, no laptop required!). I created this as a "I wonder if I can do it" type challenge and then a friend recommended offering it to the community. Here it is....a reasonably priced (and supported!) ABS flush utility for your Harley. Pays for itself essentially after the first flush based on average dealer prices to perform the same procedure.

The following 2 users liked this post by TheITMercenary:
KumaRide (07-10-2019), sloufoot (07-04-2019)