VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Unsold V-RODS

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:55 PM
geneinnc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw several this week at the local dealer. I have to admit they kind of grow on you.

I have no clue how they ride compared to other models.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Malcomx
Advanced

Originally Posted by geneinnc
I saw several this week at the local dealer. I have to admit they kind of grow on you.

I have no clue how they ride compared to other models.
They handle better than you'd think, they're pretty quick, and the passenger pillion sucks (according to my wife).

Old 03-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Hal64hd
Road Master

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
Wasn't the "R" the real tall super lean angled bike? Drove one once, incredibly uncomfortable. I think it lasted one year.
yes, and only made 2 years 06-07

Old 03-24-2011, 07:09 PM
rg567
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Walk in there with $10,500 in cash and I bet he takes it.
Dealers were dumping 2009 Nightrod Specials here in WI last summer for 11grand and change. Had a buddy that bought one and I almost did too. You might be able to do even better than 10500. Fun bike...

Old 03-24-2011, 08:15 PM
hondo1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 weeks ago I bought an '06 "R" from a local dealer.

It had never been titled and had 157 miles on her. The dealer had really dolled her up in January of '07 with Performance Machine wheels and rotors, custom paint job of silver metal flake with black trim, Streetfighter air box with gauges moved from bars to air box, D&D Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust, Yamaha rear fender, custom seat and much more - a total of $13,200 in add ons. I requested the list of add ons before I ever started negotiating as I wanted to be sure they didn't switch anything.

I dealt with them for 5 weeks and they said they would not budge from $13,400. They started at $14,800. Finally 3 Saturdays ago I told the wife I'm heading to the dealer with a check already made out for $9900. She said you got them to agree to that and I said no but that's all they are getting or I'm walking away. After 45 minutes of more hassling with them I took out the check and said here is my one and only out the door price offer. After another 15 minutes that said "take her home".

I said I will pick her up next week after you do a full service and all fluid change. Picked her up and had my indy put new Avon tires on her as even with excellent tread on the existing tires I was not going to run on 5 year old rubber. He also checked the fluids and oil and said it was new. My cost for the bike was around $9100 plus tt&l.

You can DEFINITELY do better than what he is offering you.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:53 AM
srobby
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. I am planning to stop by tonight, wipe a few years dust off it a take a good look.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:12 AM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree that you can do better. The fact that they have been sitting there collecting dust means they have been a loss for the last few years. I wouldn't be surprised if you walked in with 7500 cash and said take it or leave it - and they take it.

Dealer mark-ups aren't as much as people think - as a former HD salesman I know this from experience. Just know that the guy selling you the bike will be losing his paycheck before the dealer will lose money on the bike.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:38 AM
hondo1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by srobby
Thanks for the info. I am planning to stop by tonight, wipe a few years dust off it a take a good look.

Keep us informed and good luck on your negotiations.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:46 AM
ImNoPrince
Road Captain

I know it's not the same But I bought my 06D model used last year from a Car dealer for $6400 it had 6700 miles on it at the time . With the way things are right now I just can't see him taking alost on Inventory and paying taxes on something he really doesn't want around anyhow.

Start with 7000 but don't go any higher then 8000 for either one of them.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:31 AM
v-rodder
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Remember if you're buying a V-rod, you are in the drivers seat. They have always been the "red headed stepchild" of the HD family. Until Harley gets off their rears and makes a modern V-rod touring bike, they will stay that way. Please HD, no more stripped down power cruiser models. You have those bases MORE than covered at this point.

Just my $.02,

Jim

Quick Reply: Unsold V-RODS