Old 04-10-2007, 02:07 AM
triple buzz
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Why should I buy a V-rod?

ORIGINAL: Gixxer750

ORIGINAL: triple buzz

ORIGINAL: Gixxer750

I guess I missunderstood him, as around here a "streetbike" and a "sportbike" are commonly refered to as being the same thing. However, show me a bone stock v-rod that will cut faster than a 10.7 in the 1/4 because that's what the 600's are doing out of the factory and they just get quicker as you move up in cc's. So you can get out of the hole "quicker" what's that gonna get you? A 25ft head start before your ran down like your sitting with your hazards on? That doesn't mean anything.

And someone please bring up the "I bet the outcome would be different with a roll on race" as I can dispute that one also.

BTW: triple buzz i'm not a troll, because if you read my first post, you would have read that I complimented the v-rod in it's class
I did read your other posts and threads thats why i was asking . As far as the head start thing I was talking about the sub 11 sec part of that post meaning a v-rod that will go 10 something and a 600 that will go ten something, the rod has an advantage. There are alot of Rods out there running in the 10's . Don't think so go over to www.1130cc.com You might be suprised. Just relax I only replied to you because I ride sportbikes too . I have had this argument with others before. Wrong forum for this . BTW what model H-D do you have ?
No I don't think so in fact I know so. Show me HARD PROOF of a STOCK v-rod running in the 10's and i'll belive it. There is no way a stock v-rod will have a chance against a stock sportbike.

end of story
When did I say stock ? And why are you so angry ? I thought that we already covered what a stock v-rod will run.YOU posted the numbers . Nobody but you is saying a Stock v-rod will beat a sportbike. I said there are 10 second Rod's out there .Never said they were stock. It took pipes a gills box and running topless to get my 225lb *** into the mid 11's .I run 10.46 all day on my gixxer 1kand 10.90's on my triumph 955. So like I said earlier put your sword away. So what model harley do you have ? You joined 9 months ago and have6 posts . 3 were today. None about your Harley.Tim......your trolling

Old 04-10-2007, 02:05 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think things were lost here by some. I see a big difference in a street-bike and a sport-bike. I don't think it's ever realistically been argued that a VRSC will outrun a crotch-rocket. It's comparing apples and oranges, or should I say chrome and plastic. A sport-bike is far lighter than a VRSC. They are obviously in two different sections of the motorcycle world.

I have, and will continue to, made a statement that to go faster then the VRSC line you will have to like sitting on your nuts.

No offense to the sport-bike riders out there, it's just the way I see it.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:13 PM
dogyakker
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok at the risk of re-igniting some obviously long running aguements:

I decided to go with the V-rod, took it out, rode it, loved it and so did the girlfriend. Much more comfortable - I'm six foot one, and didnt even notice the girlie on the back. Oh and that power........

On the down side only thing I didnt like was the gentle weave that started around 80mph - can only assume its something to do with the solid wheels. Any tips for dealing with this?

Chris

Old 04-13-2007, 05:29 PM
eazy
Road Warrior

Get them machined or buy a new style, that'd your only real option. That's why I went with the 10 spoke off-sets.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:35 AM
airjoe
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

You guys in this V-Rod forum take life way too seriously. I was thinking about getting one but if I do I'm afraid I'll get too touchy.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:37 AM
triple buzz
Tourer

ORIGINAL: airjoe

You guys in this V-Rod forum take life way too seriously. I was thinking about getting one but if I do I'm afraid I'll get too touchy.
Air Joe , I don,t think its touchy, I think its because morons that don't have a clue will just bash you and talk $**** all day because they can't deal with change or don't like them . If you notice in this thread alone all the conflits are from non v- rod riders who a trolling to start crap. Gets real old.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Dogs of war
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a V-Rod, but don't bash them either. As far as why you should buy one, because you have test rode one, like it, have found the one you like and last but not least...........YOU CAN!
Who gives a flip why. If you want it....buy it.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:54 PM
airjoe
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I guess it's like Harley vs. Metric. Truth be known it won't be long till were all riding water-cooled bikes. Don't take it so personal. Ride what you like and don't worry about what others say. If you don't respond to them they will have no one to argue with.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:23 PM
triple buzz
Tourer

I guess it's like Harley vs. Metric. Truth be known it won't be long till were all riding water-cooled bikes. Don't take it so personal. Ride what you like and don't worry about what others say. If you don't respond to them they will have no one to argue with.
Sorry joe I argue for a living . Can't help my self ,just happens . And I do ride what I like.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:17 PM
eazy
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: triple buzz

Sorry joe I argue for a living . Can't help my self ,just happens . And I do ride what I like.
I just seem to live to argue [sm=smiley16.gif]

Quick Reply: Why should I buy a V-rod?