Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.

Wtb 13" dyna shocks.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 11:50 PM
Fatbob bagger
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wtb 13" dyna shocks.

Looking for a set of 13" or taller dyna shocks for my 08 fat bob.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:24 AM
Brett Davis
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a pair of chrome 13" stock take offs from a 2000 dyna FXDS.

Old 10-04-2017, 04:22 PM
07SGrider
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you still looking for a set of shocks? I have a set of shocks that came off of my 07 super glide. PM me if you are still interested.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:06 AM
leafman60
Road Captain
Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

I've been running rear Ohlins at about 13.5 for several years. Awesome.

However, if you are going this route, you may as well do a few every other things. First, the front forks need some tender love and attention.Dropping in a set of Ohlins fork cartridges would be the ultimate but those were not available when I made my upgrades so I went with a pair of Race Tech emulators up front but kept my stock springs.I played with the oil formulation and ended up with a synthetic mix that was a little heavier viscosity than the stock weight.

Second, you should consider a drivetrain stabilizer to calm down the motor's tendency to wallow around in its rubber mounting. I used Sputhe's kit.

Next, a different set of tires will help with those better lean angles. I am using Co9ntinental Trail attack II ADV tires !I've used these on my BMW 1200GS with great results but they were too road-oriented for the GS. They work great on the H-D.

Next, with all that great leaning capability, you are going to scrape your exhaust even with the taller rear shocks. I've seen some nice 2:1 systems in posting here but their mufflers tend to be still too low.I went with the Vance and Hines Upsweep exhaust right after it was introduced.Fantastic.It's a 2:1 but the can is angled up enough to let you take advantage of those deeper lean angles possible with the taller suspension.

A little better stopping was also an issue with my single-disc front brake. I tried several things but I wanted to avoid all the extra hardware of a dual disc if possible. The Ness Big Brake did the trick.I am happy.