Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.

WTB - Airstrike Rear Wheel - non-cush Drive

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 09:08 PM
wharfcreek
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Default WTB - Airstrike Rear Wheel - non-cush Drive

I'm trying to replace the spoke wheels on my '05 Ultra Classic. Old wheels were badly neglected by prior owner(s), and chrome is basically gone off the 'Profile' rim. Moving to 'cast' wheels and just purchased an Airstrike Front wheel, complete with tire, rotors, and even correct bearings. I actually have a 'new' set of 1" bearings..... so I can change out the 25mm bearings if need be. But, bike is 'non-cush-drive'....and I plan to keep it that way. 'Price' is an object, especially with 'shipping' involved. But, hoping a 'brother-biker' can help a brother out! I have pulley and brake disc, so good to go there as well. Pic below is what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks!! Tom - 410-925-7213

Old 01-13-2019, 07:44 PM
wharfcreek
Cruiser

Bump! Still looking!

Old 01-13-2019, 10:35 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,236 Likes on 1,812 Posts

Tom, I have a 16x3 Rear Airstrike

Old 01-13-2019, 11:00 PM
wharfcreek
Cruiser

I'm almost afraid to ask, but perhaps you can give an est on cost + shipping? My 'ship to' info is:

Tom Dickinson
1840 Chesapeake Rd
Pasadena, MD 21122

Be gentile.............
Thanks, TSD

Old 01-14-2019, 11:41 AM
wharfcreek
Cruiser

BTW, thanks also for your comments on the other thread. Some of the changes HD makes to these bikes can often be rather confusing in terms of simple things like replacing tires. This '01 Road King I just bought is in beautiful condition and came with a LOT of eye-candy installed by it's prior owner(s). When I bought it, the rear tire was bald and the inner tube leaked down in about 10 minutes. So, I pulled the rear wheel (the 'spoke' type), and removed the tire. As I stated, I'm not a fan of spoke wheels, if for no other reason than the issue of being able to put a plug in a tire if on a trip and getting a nail or something. Can't do with with an 'inner tube' type wheel! I was thinking about changing to 'cast' wheels......and I'm still trying to decide if this is the way I want to go. I did spend about a week 'cleaning' the old rear wheel, and to my surprise it has cleaned up pretty well for a nearly 20 year old wheel! I've ordered a MT90B-16 rear tire......but I have an old Ultra Classic 'spoke' wheel....one of those 'profile' types off an '05 Ultra.....and while the rim itself is about as ugly as it gets, the tire and tube on it are still in good condition with a lot of potential miles left. To use it, even 'temporarily'...... I need to address the issue of the interference with the 1.5" belt. Hence the questions about the pulley spacers. I think I may try to order one, install it on that wheel, and see how it all fits. If OK, then I'll ride it that way until I either sell the bike, or I wear the tire out. But, in the end, I think I'd like to have those cast Airstrike wheels on it. I think that will just make it a more 'reliable' bike to ride, as well as 'safer' from a 'strength' perspective. Not to mention 'cleaning' them!! So, again, thanks for your help, and any consideration on the purchase of the rear wheel is appreciated as well.

Best wishes in 2019....... and 'ride safe'!!

Tom

Old 01-14-2019, 12:03 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,236 Likes on 1,812 Posts

I discovered that we had discussed this before ... check your PMs starting 11-14-18