Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 12:19 PM
A Klaver
4th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

It's nice to be a member of such a good community
Many thanks to all the kind words

Old 04-30-2024, 12:20 PM
A Klaver
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Jackie Paper
Welcome to the HDFORUM, Andy.

I hope you continue to enjoy your ride here to.

Only as a suggestion, by me as a USER, create a signature line similar to my one line on my bike information.

The year, model, and all the letters Harley assigned to the bike. It will appear at the bottom of your post.

Doing this will be helpful if you ask a question. All Harleys aren't the same with many changes and variations over the year.

Of course, you can always add it to any post with a question.

You can also add any other details you choose and a favorite picture to the signature line.

If you like, you can also add a favorite picture for an Avatar you see at the top left of all your post as a postal stamp.

PS….. For sure, thank you for your service. For that badge of honor you see on the Forum’s military User’s, PM one of the Administrators.

Thank you Jackie for the suggestions, It's nice to have some guidance
Andy

Old 05-03-2024, 11:04 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 48,031 Likes on 18,657 Posts

Welcome To The HDforums From Michigan, The Home Of Hell And The Greatest Of The Great Lake States :>)

The following users liked this post:
A Klaver (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 11:54 PM
A Klaver
4th Gear

I really miss the west coast with it's amazing senary and clean pot hole free roads

Old 05-04-2024, 04:52 AM
ken mcduff
Road Warrior
Received 418 Likes on 261 Posts

Welcome from North Dakota.

A Klaver (05-07-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 06:18 PM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,259 Likes on 6,015 Posts

Welcome from Spartan Country, Michigan!
I tell a lot of new comers to the forum to get: Factory Service manual and the Parts manual. Take to an office supply store and have them put a spiral binder in place of the glued binder. That will let the manuals lay flat on your bench. Get a three ring binder and record all your maintenance, repairs, accessories, etc. This will be a great reminder of what was done when. And great material to pass along to the new owner should you sell and upgrade. Also know how large your fuel tank is, a rough idea of your range per tank, and record your fuel usage. I have an app called Simply Auto that I record all my fuel used. I use the odometer and use the fuel gage as reference only. I reset the odometer to zero on fill ups, and I know I can safely get 200 miles on a tank on around town riding, and upwards of 230+ on trips.

A Klaver (05-07-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 10:45 AM
A Klaver
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Spartanden
Welcome from Spartan Country, Michigan!
I tell a lot of new comers to the forum to get: Factory Service manual and the Parts manual. Take to an office supply store and have them put a spiral binder in place of the glued binder. That will let the manuals lay flat on your bench. Get a three ring binder and record all your maintenance, repairs, accessories, etc. This will be a great reminder of what was done when. And great material to pass along to the new owner should you sell and upgrade. Also know how large your fuel tank is, a rough idea of your range per tank, and record your fuel usage. I have an app called Simply Auto that I record all my fuel used. I use the odometer and use the fuel gage as reference only. I reset the odometer to zero on fill ups, and I know I can safely get 200 miles on a tank on around town riding, and upwards of 230+ on trips.
Thanks Spartanden;
I purchased the Service manual and parts catalog on Harley SIP Via my VIN number just the other day. I downloaded them onto a zip drive in PDF format.
Fortunately My profession is a Industrial Printer and happen to work for a place with a large Bindery department. I printed out the Manual and had them spiral bind the Manual.
I appreciate the suggestions, I've been doing the MPG to OD for a long time now and yes it's very helpful to know how much one can get out of a tank.
Andy

Old 05-07-2024, 11:01 AM
strokelessone
Advanced
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome, there is a lot of good info in here for modifying your bike and working on it in general as well as a bunch of helpful people. Hope you enjoy it here!

A Klaver (05-07-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 08:55 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,941 Likes on 1,925 Posts

Welcome to the forum from sunny SoCal.