Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aftermarket head unit ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 93 Likes on 24 Posts

Have some info on the bezel issue. I called Metro before heading to my buddies last night. They said you may need to file very outer part of the bezel a bit. So when I got over there we went out to check it out. Here's what we found. If you take the radio's face plate off and look at where the tabs snap into the housing we found it wasn't quite reaching. If you flip the bezel over and look at the backside you will see that it sort of looks like two rings connected by some small ribs. The outer and the inner and sure enough the outer one, which would be the outermost perimeter of the bezel, was hitting the Metra plate and keeping it from snapping it. We sanded down the "outer ring" until it allowed the tabs to reach in far enough to snap into place. Hope that makes sense.

As usual I got so involved in the project I didn't think to snap a damn picture until after we had it snapped into place and he wanted no part of me popping it back out just for a photo op, lol. If anyone has a bezel laying around and wants to shoot me a picture of it from the back I'll draw some arrows pointing to the area to sand and re-post it.

Old 03-07-2015, 02:31 PM
osuhd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Little Mike
Have some info on the bezel issue. I called Metro before heading to my buddies last night. They said you may need to file very outer part of the bezel a bit. So when I got over there we went out to check it out. Here's what we found. If you take the radio's face plate off and look at where the tabs snap into the housing we found it wasn't quite reaching. If you flip the bezel over and look at the backside you will see that it sort of looks like two rings connected by some small ribs. The outer and the inner and sure enough the outer one, which would be the outermost perimeter of the bezel, was hitting the Metra plate and keeping it from snapping it. We sanded down the "outer ring" until it allowed the tabs to reach in far enough to snap into place. Hope that makes sense.

As usual I got so involved in the project I didn't think to snap a damn picture until after we had it snapped into place and he wanted no part of me popping it back out just for a photo op, lol. If anyone has a bezel laying around and wants to shoot me a picture of it from the back I'll draw some arrows pointing to the area to sand and re-post it.

Bezel pics,

Old 03-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 93 Likes on 24 Posts

Here ya go. The arrows point to the outer part that we needed to sand down so the little tabs could reach the notches they snap into. Inspect the bezel with the face plate out and you will be able to see which ones don't reach and how much you should sand off. A little 80 grit on a small block will take it down evenly.