Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HogTunes Fail

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 09:28 AM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5,220 Likes on 2,574 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
WOW . . We live and learn everyday. I'm beginning to think none of these amps are a sure bet.
2nd'ed...

Old 05-17-2015, 02:38 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

Well as of right now I am back to stock in both my bike and Tahoe. I have the Kickers I had in my rear pods for sale if anyone is interested PM me. The biketronics equipment I am sending back for a refund. Once I get that refund taken care of I will decide if I am going to try anything else. At this point I'm not sure anymore.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:16 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

has anyone ever tried this? Boom Audio

It's used, and I bet I could get him down, but maybe this won't mess with my FM signal?

I'm not sure what is up with Bill at Biketronics... About a month ago he wanted a day to think about what to do next with my issue. After trying and trying to get in touch with him, I finally did about a week after. We agreed on sending me the Kenwood HU I wanted to try along with a new amp. That was now two weeks ago and I still have not seen any equipment. I have emailed him and left him a message. Still have not heard from him. The lack of communication is kind of getting frustrating.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:29 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by jamala00

It's used, and I bet I could get him down, but maybe this won't mess with my FM signal?

I'm not sure what is up with Bill at Biketronics... About a month ago he wanted a day to think about what to do next with my issue. After trying and trying to get in touch with him, I finally did about a week after. We agreed on sending me the Kenwood HU I wanted to try along with a new amp. That was now two weeks ago and I still have not seen any equipment. I have emailed him and left him a message. Still have not heard from him. The lack of communication is kind of getting frustrating.
Two things Jamal:

1. Forget about the BOOM system. Not worth your time and effort.
2. Bill will get back to you! Be patient my friend. He's a busy man.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:31 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Two things Jamal:

1. Forget about the BOOM system. Not worth your time and effort.
2. Bill will get back to you! Be patient my friend. He's a busy man.

:-) Speak of the the devil, his ears must have been ringing. He just emailed me some return labels... He never did send the Kenwood HU and new amp to try like he said he was going to. Maybe he's a bit too busy...! :-)

Well, I will get this stuff in the mail and try something else... Maybe I will just try a new bike...

Old 05-18-2015, 01:46 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

:-) Speak of the the devil, his ears must have been ringing. He just emailed me some return labels... He never did send the Kenwood HU and new amp to try like he said he was going to. Maybe he's a bit too busy...! :-)

Well, I will get this stuff in the mail and try something else... Maybe I will just try a new bike...
There's always JM John. Several guys love his stuff over on the road glide forum.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:52 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Here's some food for thought although this may not apply to you...At any time that you were having trouble listening to local stations, was your phone close to the head unit? On a charger, or running an app in the background? My iPhone 5 will kill the signal in my work truck and it doesn't have an amp at all.

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 05-18-2015, 02:05 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBates08
Here's some food for thought although this may not apply to you...At any time that you were having trouble listening to local stations, was your phone close to the head unit? On a charger, or running an app in the background? My iPhone 5 will kill the signal in my work truck and it doesn't have an amp at all.

2010 Limited with some stuff
My phone is always in my front pocket when I am riding. It's never been an issue before... I don't have any apps other then what the phone has ran for years running in the background. Only Pandora when I am streaming.

I sure wish I had gotten a chance to go for more of a ride when I had the HogTunes system in. At least I would have had a comparison, but it was so early in the riding season, I never went outside of town, it was to cold. That was a non class D amp... At least I would of known...

I might email JM John back when I get the the cash on my biketronics...

Old 05-18-2015, 02:59 PM
Biketronics Inc
Former Sponsor
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi,

I want to apologize to Jay for my lack of responsiveness to his issue, first I was in and out a bunch for a week with a sick kid and then I got his order ready and it was misplaced while waiting a couple days for the better radio I wanted him to try. I thought it had been sent out.

This was not OK, and I am sorry

Bill

Last edited by Biketronics Inc; 05-18-2015 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:03 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Biketronics Inc
Hi,

I want to apologize to Jay for my lack of responsiveness to his issue, first I was in and out a bunch for a week with a sick kid and then I got his order ready and it was misplaced while waiting a couple days for the better radio I wanted him to try. I thought it had been sent out.

This is was not OK, and I am sorry

Bill
Apology accepted... No hard feelings, and I understand things happen...!
Thx..
-Jay