Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powerbass amp

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 12:29 AM
cnnesseth
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerbass amp

I have street glide with j&m 7-1/4" speakers and want to add amp and not a lot of money. I was going to go pbr300x2 but was told the powerbass xl2200m would be better and less money? Any input?

Old 07-02-2015, 04:43 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by cnnesseth
I have street glide with j&m 7-1/4" speakers and want to add amp and not a lot of money. I was going to go pbr300x2 but was told the powerbass xl2200m would be better and less money? Any input?
I don't know if the power bass is better. Some people would say it's better because it's marine rated but other than that I don't see an advantage. What I DO see is both amps producing close to 200 watts @ 2 ohms and you running JM speakers. I'm not sure if the speakers can consistently handle 200 watts. You can give it a shot, but don't be surprised if you blow a speaker. I'm not impressed with JM speakers and their ability to handle power. You would be much better off with the Power Bass amp and the Infinity 62.11i speakers.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:21 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
I don't know if the power bass is better. Some people would say it's better because it's marine rated but other than that I don't see an advantage. What I DO see is both amps producing close to 200 watts @ 2 ohms and you running JM speakers. I'm not sure if the speakers can consistently handle 200 watts. You can give it a shot, but don't be surprised if you blow a speaker. I'm not impressed with JM speakers and their ability to handle power. You would be much better off with the Power Bass amp and the Infinity 62.11i speakers.
Are we starting again LOL :i con_errrr:

Old 07-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by AAWAV
Are we starting again LOL :i con_errrr:
Lol. . . The truth hurts man! I paid $2500 to have an opinion on that particular product Sir! and that was several years ago. Ain't no tellin what that stuff cost these days.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:35 AM
bayboy75
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have to agree with you dude. Even with so many products out there that out perform J&M, people still flock to this product. JUST..........to redo their system because they're unhappy.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:48 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Marketing man. How many folks come here asking for help with J&M, Hogtunes, Boom II, etc. and it's all over priced.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:56 AM
bayboy75
Banned

Guess what!?

I installed this very amp yesterday and it CRUSHES the PBR. Why? Well I'm glad you asked.

First: After experimenting with a couple speakers this, puts out cleeean power.

Second: Like the PBR you can fit two in the fairing.

Third: The crossover allows from great tuning even with the POS stock head unit.

Fourth: Doesn't get near as hot as the PBR.

You can't go wrong with this little bundle of joy.

Old 07-04-2015, 12:29 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

That's good feedback man.

I've never been a fan of the PBR after trying out some of the other amps available. Unfortunately the PBR is one of the few that retains FM reception and that's important to some. We can add this to the list of fairing amps out there.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by bayboy75
Guess what!?

I installed this very amp yesterday and it CRUSHES the PBR. Why? Well I'm glad you asked.

First: After experimenting with a couple speakers this, puts out cleeean power.

Second: Like the PBR you can fit two in the fairing.

Third: The crossover allows from great tuning even with the POS stock head unit.

Fourth: Doesn't get near as hot as the PBR.

You can't go wrong with this little bundle of joy.
Great Feedback for sure! Time to get one on the shelf!! Speaking of FM reception Bayboy. . . How does the little bundle of joy fare in that department?

Old 07-04-2015, 03:03 PM
bayboy75
Banned

Gannicus.

My bro dialed in his phone bit not the radio. It played one of the popular radio stations in our area but that doesn't mean it will play them all. I'll keep you updated though.

Quick Reply: Powerbass amp