Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decision made after ride.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 07:10 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Decision made after ride.

1st of all I'd like to than everyone who helped get my system dialed in and it sounds good and it's loud and clear but unfortunately I've decided to pull the system and sell. It's just not for me. So now the next question will be whats it worth ? The only thing is on one of the Line levelers we had to hard wire it in for a 4 speaker system to keep from buying a 100 + dollar harness from BT but it's ok.
Hertz ECX 165s
Hertz EVF 165s
Diamond micro 4v2 amp
BT 355 (F)
Bt 355 (R)
amp wiring kit.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:25 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Are u going to be putting other after market speaks in? Different amp? Going back to stock?

Why the do over?

T

Old 03-26-2017, 07:57 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Are u going to be putting other after market speaks in? Different amp? Going back to stock?

Why the do over?

T
To be honest the sound just isn't what I like, I like a deeper tone not high's. The system I have is a great set-up but as spoken in all my threads here, I should have done more homework. All I want was to have a bit more punch with a quality sound. The stock system had a great sound until you cranked the engine then it was still ok but didn't have that punch. And to be honest I don't want to start swapping over to a bunch of different stuff to try and find what I like or dislike.
It's hard to ex-plane I guess but I was hoping for a different than I got. If I can sell this stuff I'll buy the HD speaker upgrade I guess and leave it alone.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:42 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Unfortunate to say the least. Take ur time as how u recover from this is what matters. Spending money on Boom imho would be a bad recovery.

Did u listen to this stuff ur selling before u purchased it? If it was a vid, did u take the time to put ear buds in and really listen to what ur ears were telling u?

There are better solutions available here brotha, take ur time.

T.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:00 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Does this shix hurt your ears? Threw this on a buddies sled a couple days ago and he wanted warmth and punch. Songs from whatever play list that he had in queue.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...V9kR3lONUZscHc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...Ek1VUd1bzhXcWc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...jhsTXZ2MV9pZmM

BT4180 is all that I'm gonna disclose as ur ears need to find the right sound first, then worry about what it is and how much it costs.

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 03-26-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:48 PM
ep120794
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn T that sounds really good!

Old 03-26-2017, 09:01 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ep120794
Damn T that sounds really good!
Thx bro. My buddy is very pleased. It's a very simple setup. Guys just need to take their time and get the shix their ears like. The OP went with a package which imho is the worst dam thing to do. He bought shix that someone else's ears like. Rarely is that a good idea.

T.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:11 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Thx bro. My buddy is very pleased. It's a very simple setup. Guys just need to take their time and get the shix their ears like. The OP went with a package which imho is the worst dam thing to do. He bought shix that someone else's ears like. Rarely is that a good idea.

T.
Can't view the vids but agree on op setup. To add to it he also got a level of Hertz I would not consider to be near the level needed for a bike to perform well. Just not a great setup speaker wise unfortunately.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:42 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

T.
You think I could change the speakers and get the sound wanted ?

Old 03-27-2017, 08:58 AM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
You think I could change the speakers and get the sound wanted ?
I tried to post a video that the OP sent me but Life in the Fast Lane is apparently Copyright protected on Youtube. Hopefully, he can get something else recorded & posted for analysis here on the forum.

With regard to his video, my ears were hearing a muddy sound with some harsh "highs". I can't tell if it's the quality of the video, the system components, distortion or the limitations of the fairing speaker pods.

The amp seems to be putting out some decent power (based on the volume achieved in the video) but, since I don't have any experience with the Diamond amps, I'm unsure of it's sound quality/characteristics.

Quick Reply: Decision made after ride.