Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics VS. Arc Audio MPAK compatibility with Sony Head unit

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Choopy
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Biketronics VS. Arc Audio MPAK compatibility with Sony Head unit

I've been doing a lot of reading on this topic as I'm choosing a system to get on my 08 FLHT standard. Bought it with no radio and well, I love cruising and jammin! With that being said, I've decided and narrowed it down to the biketronics 7.1 titan kit or the MPAK kit (not 100% which 4-7). I am partially more interested in the Mpak kit from simply what I have read on the forums and seen on videos and reviews. A lot of complicity within the mpak system when adding speakers, etc. However, I can not find Anyone member that is running any MPAK system with an aftermarket head unit!

Maybe I passed it up but i got nothing. Is the Mpak compatible with for example a Sony head unit, or do they sell any type of harness to make it compatible, no information is given on their site. It's got me feeling lost! If i can get a nice kit for the Mpak with harness and all will be compatible including the hard controls for volume, then i really think that i would prefer that setup as down the line i am going to get lower fairing speakers and possibly bag speakers, but that's a whole different rant. Thanks for your ears and your opinions guys, and I hope Im not reposting another over posted question.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:56 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Choopy
I've been doing a lot of reading on this topic as I'm choosing a system to get on my 08 FLHT standard. Bought it with no radio and well, I love cruising and jammin! With that being said, I've decided and narrowed it down to the biketronics 7.1 titan kit or the MPAK kit (not 100% which 4-7). I am partially more interested in the Mpak kit from simply what I have read on the forums and seen on videos and reviews. A lot of complicity within the mpak system when adding speakers, etc. However, I can not find Anyone member that is running any MPAK system with an aftermarket head unit!

Maybe I passed it up but i got nothing. Is the Mpak compatible with for example a Sony head unit, or do they sell any type of harness to make it compatible, no information is given on their site. It's got me feeling lost! If i can get a nice kit for the Mpak with harness and all will be compatible including the hard controls for volume, then i really think that i would prefer that setup as down the line i am going to get lower fairing speakers and possibly bag speakers, but that's a whole different rant. Thanks for your ears and your opinions guys, and I hope Im not reposting another over posted question.
the amp in all kits MPAK4, (KS125.2 BX2) and above use RCA inputs so yes you can use just about any head unit you want to with it.

All of the MPAK kits are designed to work with the stock head unit so if you go to an aftermarket head unit, you'll need to factor in the cost of a handlebar control module. Biketronics, Hawg-Wired, Axxess, PAC..

IMO you'd be better off going Biketronics 7.1", RF PBR300x2 amp on the stock head unit. If you're not satisfied with that sound, then upgrade the head unit but make sure to find a head unit that has at least 4v RCA outputs. The rest of the head unit is a matter of preference.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 04-07-2014 at 01:05 PM.