Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

Seat Care

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 03:17 PM
guild
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Care

I bought a LePara seat for my bike.. After looking at there web site and emailing them twice i recived no reply about caring for the seat... I know little about seat care, On the web site (And im not sure this is right) they say the seats are made of a combination of leather and vinyl, How would you carefor a seat made of both? Mostly i want to protect the seat from the elements! Thanks for any help!

Old 02-23-2008, 07:11 PM
chop09
Tourer
Default RE: Seat Care

I can tell you of a couple of products I picked up after lookin through the forum last year and have had great results with them. They work great for both cleaning and conditioning the leather and vinyl parts of my seat. Would also keep saddle bags nice if you have them. I use lexol products. The leather cleaner/conditioner and vinylex for the trim and any other black plastics. Definatly works to keep seat lookin brand new and protects from sun and ocassional rain. Give them a try you'll be happy Im sure....One thing to keep in mind the cleaner has a condioner in it so if you have a sleek profile seat it can be a liitle slick for the first couple of mile till your jeans work it in. Not a real big deal but thought I'd mention it.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:21 AM
guild
Cruiser

Thanks for the help, There does not seem to be much info on leather care.... I called a few places they dont have the lexol
where do you get them! Thanks again!

Old 02-24-2008, 11:56 AM
chop09
Tourer

pep boys had it on the shelf...most autoparts store should carry lexol products.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

One more for Lexol

Old 02-28-2008, 07:21 PM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

Wilson's leather sells a product called "TLC leather care". I've been using it for a few years on the seat with great results.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:55 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

lexol as long as it is smooth leather

Old 05-25-2008, 10:24 AM
spike95
Road Master

Mink oil is always good. Lexol is good stuff, but I have never seen it in an auto parts store likeyou otherguys have. I get it from my leather supplier, although these days I'm mainly using mink oil. I feel it does a better job of waterproofing. You can often find mink oil at sporting goods stores or boot stores for use on shoes. Being that your seat probably already came with some sort of water resisting treatment, you're probably fine with either one. If you wind up getting the mink oil that is a greasy consistency, I like to melt it in with a hair dryer and then let it sit for a while before wiping off the excess.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:20 PM
expofrog
Intermediate

Another vote for Lexol, I alsouse it on my horse saddles, it can be purchased fromTractorSupply or most farm supply stores. Zaino leather care products are real good to, the "leather in a bottle" brings back that brand new leather smell.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:32 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

I agree with the lexol posts. I use it on my leather jacket. I also use Doc Bailey's Leather Black for my seat and my boots. It has waterproofing capabilities and makes the black deeper without a shine if that makes sense. You can get the Doc Bailey's on line at Motorsport.com or JPcycles.

Quick Reply: Seat Care