Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'14 Dyna Street Bob owners ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 06:18 PM
houserco
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wilddave
I'm glad it worked out. I went the other way with my bars, and put a more standard bar on it.
I come from a sportier background, so I'm not really biased, I just want my bike to work for me.
One more suggestion, I am used to riding with the ball of my foot on the peg, on this bike I rest my right heel on the heat shield slightly rear of the peg. I find it to be more comfortable.
Thanks brother. I'm not too biased either coming from decades of sport bikes only owning Harley's to ride casually (and by casually I mean 100 miles a year) with my old man.

I ride the exact same way (with my brake foot on the heat shield). I ride with in tennis shoes for the most part but they are fairly supportive and I've never had an issue. Since my feet are a decent size (12 1/2), having mid-controls makes it a little more difficult to navigate bringing my foot up and down constantly and I could never get used to riding boots so my shoes are an old habit built on comfort.

I've been thinking hard on the Ness bolt on fairing to keep the wind off my chest for highway rides, some Rush slip ons for awareness/sound and some exhaust tape to clean up some of the chrome (not a big big chrome guy). Not sure if it was your bike or another who had a very similar set up. I'd be interested in hearing if you did the work yourself or had a shop do it.

Old 11-23-2014, 12:15 PM
wilddave
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I haven't posted any pics of mine yet. I did all the work myself.
I wanted an all black exhaust so went with the black v&h slip ons and the optional hd black heat shields.
I have a cafe fairing on my triumph, and it doesn't really do much. If you like the look go for it, but for me, if I was going to do a lot of touring I would put on a qd windshield.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:01 PM
houserco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wilddave
I haven't posted any pics of mine yet. I did all the work myself.
I wanted an all black exhaust so went with the black v&h slip ons and the optional hd black heat shields.
I have a cafe fairing on my triumph, and it doesn't really do much. If you like the look go for it, but for me, if I was going to do a lot of touring I would put on a qd windshield.
You, without doubt, have more patience than me boss. The patience (and hands) is something I drastically lack to really dive in and get things done. That also is likely the reason you're also smarter than I am and likely wealthier.

That said, either route, I don't want to invest in something that won't be effective. If a 1/4 fairing (Arlen Ness style) won't keep some wind off my chest, I'd likely not do it. Honestly, I like the look a lot, but my wife is so in love with "Sons of Anarchy" and the characters, it makes me almost want to do whatever is the opposite of any look I "like", but might remotely resemble one of their bikes (again with the "me being stupid part").

I totally agree on the blacked out look though. I've never been a big chrome guy. Black/White/Grey, the only color I really enjoy is on my skin. I've been eyeing out the same heat shields with Rush slip ons. My buddy has a pair on his DWG and they sound really nice without being obnoxious. My next bike is without doubt going to be a Street Glide of sorts and the purchase may be soon.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:04 PM
houserco
Intermediate

Speaking of fairings. Not sure if you rode today, but in DFW, the wind is absolutely out of control and made me want to ride straight to my dealer and pick up the Glide leaving my Bob in the parking lot until a day later. Around the street was fine, but holy crap man, freeway rides were not only uncomfortable, but damn near impossible. 30+ mph straight line winds plus 60 mph on the freeway. I almost had to lock my hand in place to keep ON my ride.