Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 10:49 PM
elkscout
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...I also installed my plates. I have the Army plates on my truck also.
[/QUOTE]

Those are neat plates. First time I've seen them.

The only thing I did w/ my Dyna today was look at it, while wondering when I'm going to finish replacing the front lower forks with chrome ones. Did the starboard side this past Saturday. Now the port side needs done. Found out the HD service manual is lacking in detailed instruction, and perhaps a typo. Not surprised. I also mounted some "shaker" floorboards, which I bought off of Ebay, but they ain't going to cut it. They protrude way to far from mount points, making me have to twist my ankles to work the controls. Should have known. Probably ain't meant to be.

Last edited by elkscout; 09-02-2015 at 10:58 PM. Reason: more details.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:31 AM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,549 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by 3L3C7R0
My very first day riding to work with my heavy breather air cleaner too. Rain sock did it's job. I rode in the tire tread path of the car in front of me on the way home. Kept calm and made it safe.
I carried my rain sock with me the first few rides after the new intake, put it on while I washed my bike one time, and now I just leave it on as a prefilter. keeps me from having to clean all the bug gunk out of the damn thing.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:50 AM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,549 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
I've got a mixture of Koyo and Timken bearings in my truck's axles and beat on it quite a bit since I've had it regeared and they're still holding up just fine. I also dont skimp on changing out gear oil either.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:20 AM
bob kegogi
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had to ditch the pos plastic front brake sensor. The rear light was always staying on or it would stick on, w the rattling from the t bars, I replaced it w an older harley one, moco got smart, they put the cheapest pos that if broken you have to buy a turn signal wiring harness. Installed an older version via solder, worked great except for the fact that it's reversed. Pull the handle and the brake light turned off, release it and it turns on. I chucked it out. Soldered the wires together so atleast I have a working break light via foot brake vs no working brake light at all. 2014 fxdl-pos. moco and their cheap *** manufacturing processes. One can ride a Vespa all day, get better mileage and it will last longer. The older harley that were actually built and not mass produced, worth a lil more money, this press pin roller bearing tapered piston bushing garbage, fail. The only thing they did right was add beehive springs, but I. Order to get true potential out of a cam bigger than stock you gotta buy, adjustable pushrods, and have the heads reworked so the weak exhaust flows and picks up the extra 10 hp which nets another 5-7 ft lbs. my stock hydraulic flat tappet gen 5 454 crate motor in my 55 is faster than this suburban cruiser. I don't know if I will be spending any more money in a faulty product w inherent deficiencies in the design and build. Cuz Basically I have to fix everything that sucks on a choked out detuned bike. Not worth my time, id rather build a shovelhead have it a lil slower and ride for 20 years straight, building a top end every 4-5 years or as needed. But even then, the odds say not. Ftw and it's decay

Last edited by bob kegogi; 09-03-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:22 AM
bob kegogi
Advanced

Pos brake switch sensor, which started failing at the year mark, I might install a 20 buck hydraulic sensor, idk if I feel like dumping any more money into this American accident

These bikes are like skateboards, cool to have, and when you break them, you buy another board and keep riding. Except they are making the decks cheaper and more costly to replace.

Last edited by bob kegogi; 09-03-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:16 PM
daveblank
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by elkscout
...I also installed my plates. I have the Army plates on my truck also.
Those are neat plates. First time I've seen them.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. There are quite a few available here. http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/licen...license-plates

Old 09-04-2015, 03:57 PM
bob kegogi
Advanced

Bought a new rear 02 sensor cuz 15 months of ownership decided that it's gonna throw error codes poo51 at 19k miles.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by bob kegogi
Bought a new rear 02 sensor cuz 15 months of ownership decided that it's gonna throw error codes poo51 at 19k miles.
What were the circumstances? I don't recall you changes (if any) to exhaust or have they ever been removed?

I thought your bike was new enough to be under warranty?

Old 09-04-2015, 07:14 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Nice! What does it transform into?

Old 09-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Isn`t the duke a dual purpose bike?
Scratch that, I just googled it!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?