Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Worried how I will get low riser in ny shed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 09:27 PM
holdnon72
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Worried how I will get low rider in my shed?

Hoping you guys could offer some tips on getting my low rider into my shed. Bringing bike home from dealer Saturday. My shed is about 6 inches up off the ground. I bought a 70" long ramp by 48" wide. So it's not steep at all. I don't think I will be able to ride it into my shed because the doors are on the long side of my shed. Meaning I only have 10' ft. To ride the bike into. I remember on my demo ride it was pretty hard to push around. Now I'm worried if I will be able to push it up the ramp? Backing out of shed should be ok downhill cause I can lean bike on my hip and ride the brake. Please post up any ideas or tips for getting it up the ramp. Thanks

Old 02-25-2015, 10:08 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

LOL. Just ride it up.

The thought of where you were going to store your brand new bike never crossed your mind?

Old 02-25-2015, 10:35 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,814 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeiers
LOL. Just ride it up.

The thought of where you were going to store your brand new bike never crossed your mind?
Doh!

Old 02-25-2015, 10:41 PM
holdnon72
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It crossed my mind before..but after seeing the ramp on the shed,it looked sketchy...lol

Old 02-25-2015, 10:50 PM
union53
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Just push it up? 6 up inches over about 6 feet isn't much at all.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:50 PM
moosehunter22
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Id ride it up. You be surprised on how many people I've heard drop their new bikes and not from riding it's from pushing them in the driveway or garage lol
Ride that bad boy up the little 6 inch ramp. You can go slow and steady and power walk while on the bike. The first time will be the toughest and then after you get used to it, it will be second nature.

Last edited by moosehunter22; 02-26-2015 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:58 PM
Zack1
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ride that baby in! I wish I could ride mine in... the front door of my house is to narrow I have to come in at an angle and turn the bars all the way one way then walk it through then cut the bars the other way it's a pain in the *** but I'm looking at getting a shed this spring

Old 02-26-2015, 12:49 AM
loopie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

buy some platform boots

Old 02-26-2015, 12:51 AM
Kevin714
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,806 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by holdnon72
Hoping you guys could offer some tips on getting my low rider into my shed. Bringing bike home from dealer Saturday. My shed is about 6 inches up off the ground. I bought a 70" long ramp by 48" wide. So it's not steep at all. I don't think I will be able to ride it into my shed because the doors are on the long side of my shed. Meaning I only have 10' ft. To ride the bike into. I remember on my demo ride it was pretty hard to push around. Now I'm worried if I will be able to push it up the ramp? Backing out of shed should be ok downhill cause I can lean bike on my hip and ride the brake. Please post up any ideas or tips for getting it up the ramp. Thanks

Like someone else said...6" over almost 6' isn't much. If your paranoid have a friend help you back it up the ramp. That way you can just ride it out. Trying to back it out with it leaning on your hip is not a good idea. If you push it in forward, sit on it and back it out.

I see a possible "how not to put your new bike in the shed" youtube video in our future.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:00 AM
turtlspd
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the wrong and the right way to get a bike into and out of a shed. I think riding it in and backing out while in the saddle usually works best. Don't back it out while standing next to it. Harder to maintain a good center of balance that way. You'll figure it out. Don't stress.

Quick Reply: Help! Worried how I will get low riser in ny shed?