Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i want mid pegs back. what do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 09:08 PM
stephenhelsel
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i want mid pegs back. what do i need?

I have a 2001 fxd.. when i bought it the previous owner already did the forward controls. I want to put a set of pegs back in the original location for when im on longer rides i have more options foe my feet. ...

what do i need to buy to be able to do this?

Old 03-27-2015, 10:28 PM
burntsaw
Intermediate

idk.I have the exact same problem.Bike came with forward controls and it would be really nice to switch my feet to mid just to take a different posture for a few minutes.Im keeping the fc in place.I have to get the mounts that attach the frame to the peg to install the mid pegs.So ive been looking at JP Cycles and i think im going to try putting the fc pegs on the mid position and ordering a set of floor boards for the fc. Kuryakyn mini boards that can be adjusted.Gonna call them very soon.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:35 PM
OG1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

if you just want the pegs that simplifies things considerably, just get the left and right peg supports and some pegs. If you want the mid controls that is gonna get more involved with tearing into the primary etc. Look here. This page has all the options, mids, forward mids, forwards and passenger pegs.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....RESTS-ASSEMBLY
edit link doesn't seem to be working correctly but if you go to parts finder on that page and pick the 2001 dyna and go to footrests/pegs it will show you everything you need

Old 03-27-2015, 10:41 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 808 Likes on 541 Posts

This is rather interesting, I have the complete set of Mids that originally came with the bike, I never thought of putting back the peg supports in order to offer another place to rest my feet. I'd like to see if anyone has done this and how it would look.
Great idea stephenhelsel.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:39 AM
dbucks82
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have mid controls on my bike, I feel like I have more control over my bike with mids. But I was thinking about switching to forward controls. Seems forward controls are more popular with riders so I figured it was better. This post is making me rethink going to forward controls. Maybe I'll just do highway pegs instead. Thanks Guys

Old 03-28-2015, 05:19 AM
stephenhelsel
Cruiser

I like the forwards 98% of the time. Its just when we are on longer rides i need to to move my legs around a little. So all i need are the peg brackets then..

I seen full mid controls setups on ebay but i didnt want to have to by the entire set. Just wanted the brackets.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:44 AM
ghicks80
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just rest my feet on the passenger pegs for a bit, has worked so far but probably not the best idea.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:36 AM
stephenhelsel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ghicks80
I just rest my feet on the passenger pegs for a bit, has worked so far but probably not the best idea.
I removed all those...i heard others sayin they do that too though

Old 03-28-2015, 07:09 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 808 Likes on 541 Posts

heres the part #'s you'll need to do it....just pick your pegs.
These are just the brackets.

50639-90 BRACKET, LEFT FOOTREST - FRONT
50649-90 BRACKET, RIGHT, FOOTREST - FRONT

The link that OG1 posted is awesome, it's helped my numerous times trying to locate parts and #'s. Just go to the part finder and out your bike in.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:55 AM
burntsaw
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dbucks82
I have mid controls on my bike, I feel like I have more control over my bike with mids. But I was thinking about switching to forward controls. Seems forward controls are more popular with riders so I figured it was better. This post is making me rethink going to forward controls. Maybe I'll just do highway pegs instead. Thanks Guys
I used to ride a 76 sportster that had mid controls and forward highway pegs.Definitely more control with mids. I used the highway pegs when i was going to be in one gear for a while.When you need to shift or brake,of course you must reposition your whole body.Still worth it for the small stretches of comfort.Wish i could control my dyna in either position but not bad enough to spend that kind of cash.I thought mini floorboards may let me have a lot more comfort options.Most of my riding is rural back roads so mid controls would make more sense but $$.Ill check the post above for parts as well thanks.

Quick Reply: i want mid pegs back. what do i need?