Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nasty Vibration on 2007 FXD

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 02:28 PM
JokerWhiskey
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nasty Vibration on 2007 FXD

I was riding into work yesterday and I picked up a vibration. It comes on between 30-50 mph when I am accelerating. Once I hit 50 and click into 5th, the vibe stops and feels pretty much normal. The vibration come up through my pegs and into the bars. The best way to describe it is a low frequency, heavy vibration. Almost a shake I guess. Then, on my way home that night, it had almost a stutter feeling when downshifting and dropping into a corner to go with the vibration. I have done a fair amount of research via the interwebs, but can't seem to find anyone with this exact issue. I know some of the dynas have had mount issues, so I got down and inspected the front mount and ran up the bike while watching the front mount. I don't have a tach, but i could feel the vibration in the garage when I hit what I think is about 3000 rpms. The motor and mount pulled a little when I throttled up, but nothing I would consider extreme/excessive. I did put a Thunderheader on recently, but it is all stock except for that, so I don't think it's a fuel issue, but I could be wrong. I was afraid while riding it that it was a loose front tire, but the feeling the vibration in the garage put that that fear to rest. I did check the tire and nuts anyway though. Everything seemed normal there. I am truly at a loss. Any Ideas??

Old 04-17-2015, 03:25 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Might be your auto primary chain tensioner. Mine adjusted itself to tight and gave me some bad vibes. Also found that one of the spacers on the tensioner was either not put in at the factory or somebody did some work on the bike and did not put the one back in. They are between the tensioner and the inner primary case. I replaced the tensioner with the M6 and got rid of most of my vibrations.My bike also is a 07 ( lowrider)
Clap

Old 04-17-2015, 04:07 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

before doing any thing check your front motor mount.
I had the same thing on my 05 super glide.
The front motor mount had separated from the metal mount.
You could not see the crack until you took it out.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:14 PM
JokerWhiskey
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. I will be looking into both the mount and the tensioner now. I just don't like the vibrations. They make me nervous, especially that little stutter rolling into corners. I appreciate the help.

I should mention, the, bike only had 3500 miles on it. I have put 1000 of those on. Could it be something else with such low miles?

Last edited by JokerWhiskey; 04-20-2015 at 07:22 PM.