Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob Pros and Cons

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 08:10 PM
Sebass
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDisME
Seat.......without a question, get a new @$$ pad. Sick Saddles saved mine.

I only test rode a Wide Glide and I was going to buy one, until I rode my SB. It just felt "right". Like it fit me better.
How do you like your SickSaddle? I was gonna go with a Mustang since I had one on my Nightster, but I keep hearing about SickSaddles...

Old 04-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I just bought a '15 Street Bob. I went with the street bob over other dyna models honestly, it was the most comfortable to me as a stock bike. Being the cheapest dyna didn't hurt either.

My To Do List:
Ordered a Sissy Bar
Ordered a sick saddles seat (haven't received it yet)
Highway Pegs. I'm 6ft tall flat. I'd like to stretch out but want to be able to have 2 foot positions for long rides, so Ima keep stock control locations.
Passenger Pegs.
Saddlebags. Struggle on a newer model Street Bob due to license plate and turn signal locations
Handlebars. I'll probably do next winter. Stock bars don't bother me that much
Wheels. I hope some day, I hate spokes. But wheels are so damn expensive.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:19 AM
66cruiser
Road Warrior

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaved Ice
I guess the dual front brake on the LR doesn't count as an improvement for you. It does for me...
And then there is the room and foot pegs for the occasional eager...passenger😀
The single brake is sufficient for me so not an issue.. same for the solo seat. Out of the box, I prefer the SB. As they say, different strokes....

Old 04-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,217 Likes on 3,814 Posts

I looked at the SB vs. LR back when I first decided to transition for a sport bike to a cruiser. I went with the LR because:

1. Every bike I had since 1985 has had dual front disc brakes (which is huge for me).

2. I like how the LR seat looks compared to the SB seat. I like the visual appeal of having the rear fender partly covered by the seat.

3. I also liked that the LR was able to take a passenger as set up.

4. I liked that the LR had passenger pegs and the SB did not.

5. I liked that LR seat was adjustable (a feature I will use).

6. I liked the tach.

7. I liked the adjustable bars (another feature I will use).

8. I would have had to replace the mini apes that the SB comes with. Not my cup of tea.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:17 AM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,536 Likes on 808 Posts

I'll give a differing opinion on the seat: My 2007 doesn't have the stock seat, but it has a stock 2010 Wideglide seat, which is pretty much the same as the stock seat on the new Streetbobs. I've got no problems with it, including 3 different 800 mile days and a few more 500 mile days. Give yourself a chance with the stock seat before buying an aftermarket, you just might like the stock one.

I've put 50,000 miles on mine, and haven't found any real cons. I use it for everything; touring, commuting, long day rides, blasting through the twisties in the mountains.

It's my favorite bike I've ever owned.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:33 AM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

Thread seems to be turning into SB vs LR rather than SB Pros & Cons. Out of the box (or if you're only going to do minimal mods) I much prefer the LR over the SB. However, the SB is THE canvas for turning a bike into something that is totally your own. Which I think is it's biggest pro.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:52 AM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,163 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaved Ice
I guess the dual front brake on the LR doesn't count as an improvement for you. It does for me...
And then there is the room and foot pegs for the occasional eager...passenger😀
Ditto that. the dual front brakes are what finally sold me on the LR.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:08 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

The seat and passenger pegs?

Passenger pegs got to be the easiest add ons, same for passenger seat.

The seat is upgraded in almost every stock HD no matter what model.

The tach is an easy add on.

The one big pro I would say is the lean angle which is better on SB. Better than any other model in the whole HD family.

I am not sure how important the dual disc brakes are. I guess if you do a lot of speedy 2 up riding that becomes important.

The rear fender on LR looks outdated to me. It makes the bike look much older. The fender on SB looks cooler out of the box.

Two things I dont like on SB are the apes and the mid controls, both of which easily swapped.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:16 AM
JDisME
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sebass
How do you like your SickSaddle? I was gonna go with a Mustang since I had one on my Nightster, but I keep hearing about SickSaddles...
I love my seat. It's a bit narrower & lower than the stock seat and Ed added some extra cushion in the back to move me forward about an inch. It's perfect for me now. It's easier to relax my legs on the forward pegs now.

I've heard good things about Mustang seats, as well. If I didn't get a Sick Saddle, I would've gone with a Mustang.

I'm heading out NW in early June, and I'm sure I'll be comfortable with my seat.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:06 AM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Not sure if this has been mentioned. But on the stock '15 S.Bob the odometer has a few different option, including a clock and a tach or rpm read out if you want to call it that with gear indicator. So, you can always add a separate tachometer if you need it but the odometer read out is good enough for me.

Quick Reply: Street Bob Pros and Cons