Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do they really help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 10:49 PM
cerelious
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Do they really help?

So with my current set up, when i ride, i feel like im pushing wind and not enjoying it. For those whom may also live in windy areas, do the fairings really help? My brothers with baggers say that their fairing are extremely helpful. Looking to make my dyna more me compatable, if not I'll have to bag it up.....thanks for ideas and comments.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:53 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Maybe try a small removable windshield? I'm giving one some serious thought. On for longer rider and off for tooling around...

Old 06-28-2015, 11:27 PM
MacKo2000
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I road both a street glide and road glide last Thursday. While my buddies tried out my wide glide. I can say the fairings made a night and day difference. My buddies told me that my bike is awesome & you definitely feel like a bad *** riding it, but you get pretty beat up. I have a fairing arriving tomorrow. Ordered it prior to our bike swap idea. Hope it works similar to the two touring bikes. I was told to ride that bad *** bike of mine straight to a dealer and,trade it in on,a street or road glide. Can't do that, love my bike. Plus I've got $$$ in it that I went get a return $$$, likely get hosed by a dealership

Old 06-28-2015, 11:32 PM
JMummery
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Live in Tucson with the wind and monsoons . I love my HD 1/4 firing!!! I have had almost every quarter fairing there is before the HD. For wind it helps big time.. i can got 100 mph + and ride with no hands and not move an inch from the wind

Old 06-29-2015, 12:00 AM
dwagar
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

I put a MS Batwing on my Switchback. It is really good. I'm in Southern Alberta, about an hour from the mountains, we get a lot of wind here.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:49 AM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,549 Likes on 667 Posts

My little Memphis shades cafe fairing helps out quite a bit by throwing the wind off your chest.

Certainly not as much protection as a windshield or a full batwing like a street glide but just enough to keep you from tiring out on long rides.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:01 AM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Nothing in HD's lineup handles the wind better than a Road Glide. Might want to consider that.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:16 AM
bob kegogi
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My quarter fairing helps, actually it's nice, I took it off once, was thinking about painting, that's when you notice a real difference, if you've never had a fairing, you'll never know

Made the hand guards, those work too, but rather unnecessary unless you ride in the cold a lot. But I tried them out, just to check them out. 25 bucks worth if metal, and 250 dx syncrowave miller, easy peasy. Eventually took them off, San Diego isn't cold

Old 06-29-2015, 01:16 AM
cerelious
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Lama
Nothing in HD's lineup handles the wind better than a Road Glide. Might want to consider that.
I appreciate everyone's input, and it's been a all positive in reality! But this, this is why I was inquiring. A brother had a dyna, quarter fairing, similar to the direction I was thinking...but he traded his in for a bagger, and sweet jesus, he says it's WAY better than his dyna. I love my dyna, won't ever trade it or sell it. But it's almost paid off (long road) and I don't really want a new loan. If I got a new bike, would spend about the same in mods as I'm thinking, but is a quarter fairing enough?! My dilema is my own, I know, but hearing the ideas of others helps tremendously! (Don't like the after market batwings....it just looks to out of place)

Old 06-29-2015, 01:31 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I bought the hd compaact quick detachable for the same reason. I never take it off anymore except when detailing the bike. No buffeting, no roaring wind noise, watery eyes, etc... and still able to get enough wind

Quick Reply: Do they really help?