Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Wide Glide saddlebags without turn signal relocation..?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 02:25 PM
BowtieBoy
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Wide Glide saddlebags without turn signal relocation..?

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum but have searched all over.. I am looking for saddle bags for my bike (2011 wide glide) without having to relocate the rear turn signals. Do you know of any bags that will fit? I have looked at other posts but all the links were no good or deleted. Can be mounted or throw overs... just want some bags before the next beach trip lol Thanks guys!

Old 07-02-2015, 03:37 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

I got my wife some from Cycle Gear. Throw overs that are slanted. Had to get a license plate relocation bracket from Leather Pros. If I remember correctly about $25 shipped. All it does is space it back a few inches, which is just enough to put slant bags on. I picked up some from Ebay that were cheap throw overs. They fit without doing anything, but are small.

http://www.cyclegear.com/CUSTOM-BILT-Slanted-Saddlebags

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Diamond-plat...e228b0&vxp=mtr

The Ebay ones I probably wouldn't recommend for use all the time. They may be fine, but then again at the price you could afford to replace them easily.
Leather Pros has some that are a bit pricier than the above options, but I'm sure would be better quality. They are quick disconnect also. I can't remember the price, but $750 range sticks out in my mind. Once again, I could be totally off.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Chase1961
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Big Dog is right. The only bags that will work without relocating your turn signals. Just remember they'll lay on your fender and have to be secured so they don't flop around.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I found bags for my street bob that didn't require to move my plate or sigs. Not sure on how much space you're working with compared to the SBob. They're throw over so they're easy to take on and off which I like. Here's a link to the thread I started up on it.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...s-finally.html

Old 07-02-2015, 11:16 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fireguy88
I found bags for my street bob that didn't require to move my plate or sigs. Not sure on how much space you're working with compared to the SBob. They're throw over so they're easy to take on and off which I like. Here's a link to the thread I started up on it.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...s-finally.html
I'm pretty sure they are the same size. Those bags don't look like they have as sharp an angle as the ones I purchased.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:49 PM
alzylstra3
Advanced

I have a Bad & G solo bag on my bike and it mounts with three leather straps. It went on my 2014 wide glide with no problems without moving the plate or signals. I ordered the extra 1" width and it's actually fairly useful! The model number for the left side bag is DL03 and they do make a right side bag also, I will be ordering it soon! I get compliments all the time.

Attached Thumbnails 2011 Wide Glide saddlebags without turn signal relocation..?-image-1660053745.jpg  
Old 07-03-2015, 07:59 AM
BowtieBoy
4th Gear

Did you order the small ones or the large ones from cycle gear?

[QUOTE=BigDogIdaho;14170957]I got my wife some from Cycle Gear. Throw overs that are slanted. Had to get a license plate relocation bracket from Leather Pros. If I remember correctly about $25 shipped. All it does is space it back a few inches, which is just enough to put slant bags on. I picked up some from Ebay that were cheap throw overs. They fit without doing anything, but are small.

http://www.cyclegear.com/CUSTOM-BILT-Slanted-Saddlebags

Last edited by BowtieBoy; 07-03-2015 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:00 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

Got the small. If you have a local Cycle Gear store stop by. The prices there are usually less than online. Unless they have them listed on sale, then the prices are the same usually. I believe I paid around $100 for them, but the tag says $129.99.
I put pictures of them on my 11 SB because the wife's WG is getting a new tire put on it. Same measurements with the exception of the plate. Like I said I got the relocation bracket from Leather Pros. My SB does have Burly Slammers on it so the rear sits lower, but my wife's WG has stock suspension.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ide-glide.html

You will have to contact them directly since it is not listed. I felt it kept the look that everyone seems to like since it is mounted on the side. If you find bags that don't have such a slant you may not need it.

Sorry for the crappy cell pics and the light wasn't great either. I too realize they are not tied down in the pics. Just wanted to throw them on really quick to give you some idea what they looked like.

Attached Thumbnails 2011 Wide Glide saddlebags without turn signal relocation..?-bags1.jpg   2011 Wide Glide saddlebags without turn signal relocation..?-bags2.jpg  

Last edited by BigDogIdaho; 07-03-2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:31 AM
BowtieBoy
4th Gear

Thanks for the help!!

Old 07-03-2015, 12:21 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

Anything I can help on further feel free to ask!

Quick Reply: 2011 Wide Glide saddlebags without turn signal relocation..?