Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Questions 2013 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 01:03 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Question Two Questions 2013 Street Bob

Question one: Upon turning bike on and waiting till error light goes out before starting, there is a hesitation. But if I do not wait there is no hesitation. I do have a power vision tuner which is set to reduce compression upon starting. Not sure it does anything. I have a new Yusa battery and it still does it. Have no idea why .

Question two-- the stearing head clunk. I have had it on my last two Harleys( v rod, street bob). Tighten stearing nut to 60-70 lbs with no help. Also made sure the brake line fitting under the head is tight. Also made sure gas tank front and rear is tight. It seems to be getting more frequent. I do have extended quarentee. Is there any quick fix, or do I have to replace nut and washer and possibly bearings?

Thanks,
Roger

Old 08-30-2015, 08:54 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

Seems like I remember guys taking the nut and washer off of the steering head bearing bolt, roughing up the washer with a file or sandpaper on both sides and then putting it back together, but before tightening the nut down, raising the front wheel off the ground, loosening just the lower triple tree pinch bolts and then tightening the steering head nut to torque specs, or to proper 'fall away' adjustment, then tightening the lower pinch bolts to torque.
Easy on the pinch bolts because they'll strip if you get over zealous.
Hope this helps.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:18 PM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile

Not a sock,
Thanks for the reply. I tried what you mentioned on my V rod. Had to adjust the fall away, but in any case it really didn't help much.. I am wondering if you could some how inject oil into bearing from the top. I am hoping others members will chime in.
Roger