Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Creative solution for rear signal relocation needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 05:06 PM
DaleMc0622
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Creative solution for rear signal relocation needed

Okay, so I bought the laydown license plate mount pictured below because I like the no bolts clean look, I relocated my turn signals when I put bags on and don't like the kit I used. This mount does not have many options so I need some creative suggestions for making my own bracket. I don't want to eliminate the rear signals. Not really sure about drilling holes in my fender. Any ideas with pictures? would be great. Thanks guys and ride safe.

my current setup.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:25 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

I don't know if this is the same kit, but used a Harley layback kit. I thought it came out great.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:29 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by DaleMc0622
Okay, so I bought the laydown license plate mount pictured below because I like the no bolts clean look, I relocated my turn signals when I put bags on and don't like the kit I used. This mount does not have many options so I need some creative suggestions for making my own bracket. I don't want to eliminate the rear signals. Not really sure about drilling holes in my fender. Any ideas with pictures? would be great. Thanks guys and ride safe.

my current setup.

Here's a clean way...these can be Run-Brake-Turn, or you can use them just as Running & Turn.

Universal Fitment Stealth LED R-B-T Unit Details Here

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 11-25-2015, 06:53 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

my current setup.

It looks like the crossbar that comes with the Harley laydown plate would work with that. Don't know if it's available separately or not though. Here is a pick of mine without the plate mounted yet, The crossbar slides through holes on the side and is though bolted via the mounting bolts. Just need to drill two holes in the side of that bracket,

Last edited by tnriverluver; 11-25-2015 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:58 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Integrated tailight and throw the bullets in the trash

Old 11-26-2015, 08:54 AM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my FXR like tnriverluvr. I used hollow bolts to hold the lay down mount and ran the wires from under the fender through the hollow bolts into the mount and then out the sides of the mount to the turn signals.

Attached Thumbnails Creative solution for rear signal relocation needed-dsc02586.jpg  
Old 11-26-2015, 10:58 AM
DaleMc0622
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

I will look for just the turn signal arms, I like how that looks. Where did you find the hollow bolts? I like the integrated look but would have to cover the old light port of have both.

Old 11-26-2015, 11:36 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

I will look for just the turn signal arms, I like how that looks. Where did you find the hollow bolts? I like the integrated look but would have to cover the old light port of have both.
You shouldn't need hollow bolts. There should be a small plugged hole in the fender under your current plate mount and a matching hole in the base of that mount to route the wires through already.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 11-26-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:39 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
You shouldn't need hollow bolts. There should be a small plug in the fender and a matching hole in the base of that mount to route the wires through already.
Yup. My Dyna had the plug. It's just off to the side of the layback license plate mount, not under it. But, the H-D kit had NO GROMMET for the hole. Who in the hell runs wires through a hole in sheet metal without a grommet? Especially when the wires will be vibrating and rubbing as you ride?

Luckily, if I recall correctly, it was a standard 3/8" grommet. Auto parts store: fit perfectly.

Now it's a professional job!

Old 11-26-2015, 11:59 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Look to the left of the bottom left bolt hole and you will see the plugged hole already provided.

Quick Reply: Creative solution for rear signal relocation needed